Supervisor - Day Relief - Bread
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Supervises plant production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent sanitation practices in concert with overall company goals and vision, to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. Ensures that necessary tools, supplies and equipment are available to perform production tasks effectively. Schedules staff and prioritizes workload in order to manage team hours to allotted budget. Performs training, compliance, recordkeeping, and duties related to achieving production objectives. Ensures that employees adhere to Plant and government regulations with emphasis on safety, sanitation and quality
Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance, may become actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
Provides supervision to exempt employees and/or non-exempt employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This section describes the core responsibilities of this position. Duties may vary dependent on department staffing and seasonal fluctuations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lead and monitor production line tasks.
* Execute production plan.
* Ensure tasks are performed according to standard procedures and regulations.
* Investigate and resolve production and personnel issues as they arise.
* Account for 100% of raw materials consumed in mixing and ensure SAP batch control of raw material.
* Ensure GMP followed and production line audit-ready at all times.
* Ensure production and QA details are properly recorded.
Prepare and submit data for production reporting.
* Prepare daily production report.
* Report production through use of ERP.
Schedule /assign subordinate staff tasks to meet production goals and objectives.
* Ensure accurate timekeeping.
* Evaluate performance.
* Assure effective employee relations.
* Ensure proper labor utilization.
* Conduct regular staff meetings.
* Train and develop team.
Perform continuous improvement review.
* Analyze production runs and make suggestions for improvement.
* Observe condition of Plant floor to identify improvement opportunities and make suggestions for improvement.
* Perform and report on accident investigations.
* Maintain high state of cleanliness on production line.
Reconcile daily down-time.
* Confer with Maintenance and Production managers daily on production line issues.
* Determine causes and suggest possible solutions.
Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* Bachelors degree
* 3-4 years manufacturing experience
* Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
* Ability to analyze reports and performance
* Leadership and communication skillsPreferred The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical Requirements
* Presentation skills
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 20% of total work time. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work Environment
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a manufacturing, warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
Typical Work Schedule: Varies
Austin, Texas, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.