Supervisor - Government Programs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
This position is accountable for the daily management, training and development of staff, overseeing department work assignments, activities and special projects, and providing area oversight in ensuring progress towards achievement of objectives/goals and the delivery of exceptional customer service. The position will interact with various internal and external stakeholders as well as cross-divisional partnerships.
* Manages and coordinates staff assignments to include: rotations, employee training, vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
* Coordinates with Human Resources on appropriate staffing levels and talent acquisition needs.
* Provides new employee on boarding, trains, develops and mentors direct staff.
* Manages staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Manages and directs staff to ensure overall client satisfaction and appropriate level of service delivery.
* Directs staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports.
* Oversees staff to ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
* Conducts monitoring activities as required for area of oversight to include accuracy and compliance with internal/external policies, applicable workflows and business rules.
* Assists staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
* Oversees and coordinates department activities and special projects to ensure achievement of productivity, quality and established timetables.
* Coordinates and communicates outcomes to internal and external stakeholders which may include presentations and business case preparation.
* Identifies and champions process improvements within department.
* Participates on committees and/or leads departmental and interdepartmental workgroups.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* Knowledge of Healthcare Industry required.
* Prefers knowledge of health care systems and medical documentation.
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes; Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
* Appropriate system knowledge for effective management as required for area of oversight.
Skills and Abilities:
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work well within and across teams.
* Demonstrated management experience with a focus on goal setting and coaching. Exhibits proven leadership, delegation and project management skills.
* Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
* Proven ability to influence without authority and the ability to achieve results through others in a decentralized organization without formal reporting relationships.
* Strong facilitator skills in leading large teams.
* Experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams to achieve improvements.
* Ability to manage resources efficiently.
* Proven time management skills. Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, deliver timely and accurate work products with a customer service focus and a sense of urgency.
* Proven analytical, research and problem solving skills.
* Proven ability to ask probing questions and obtain thorough and relevant information.
* Requires excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels.
* Requires strong presentation skills. Must demonstrate the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels within the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve goals on time and within budget.
* Requires Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university, in business administration or related field or four (4) years work related experience in the healthcare industry.
* Prefers minimum of two minimum of two (2) years direct supervisory experience or indirect experience in a matrix management environment.
Travel (If Applicable):
* Moderate travel is required.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
--Horizon NJ Health