Supervisor, Home Security Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
New Orleans, LA
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for SHARP TALENT to join our team and be the VOICE OF OUR BRAND.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a SUPERVISOR, HOME SECURITY DIRECT SALES, where you ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career.
The SUPERVISOR, HOME SECURITY DIRECT SALES leads the assigned Professional Security Consultant team to achieve Cox Home Security sales goals. A hire, trains, manages and coaches performance of Professional Security Consultants to ensure that monthly/annual sales goals are met.
THE COX COMMUNICATIONS DIFFERENCE
COX COMMUNICATIONS IS MORE THAN JUST A PLACE TO WORK. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR MOST IMPORTANT RESOURCE. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
AT COX, YOU DON\'T JUST HAVE A JOB, BUT THE OPPORTUNITY TO GROW AND ADVANCE ACROSS MANY DYNAMIC INDUSTRIES. We'll work with you to achieve this growth through career development programs and in our commitment to ongoing training and to hiring from within.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business.
* Balances the urgency of meeting sales goals with focus on team success (Sales Culture)
* Hires and builds a sales team that has the ability and resources to achieve staffing levels to handle projected lead flow and achieve sales goals (Staffing and team development)
* Coaches, develops and manages the performance of the sales team, Team Leaders (if applicable) and administrative support personnel to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets for revenue growth, service, productivity, quality and optimization of customer satisfaction within assigned area. (Coaching and development)
* Conducts on the job training through field rides, presentation reviews, etc. to support and improve the performance and capabilities of Professional Security Consultants (On the job training) Serves as a subject matter expert or advisor on selected customer sales and handles issues escalated by team members. (Escalations)
* Analyzes competitive market trends and develops, adjusts and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate company sales growth goals as well as maximize market and product penetration (Sales planning)
* Partners with the Product & Acquisition Marketing teams to recommend strategy, direction and goals for advertising and point of sales efforts and participates in creating marketing materials pertinent to team s sales efforts. (Sales/marketing planning)
* Develops appropriate territories and assigns Service Requests for in-home sales appointments to Professional Security Consultants (Territory management)
* Participates in setting sales goals (quotas plus key sales objectives) and other defined sales metrics, based on corporate/regional sales goals for assigned market. (Sales goals)
* Participate in development of sales forecasts and manages sales teams to achieve sales units (both self-generated and company connect goals) and maximum revenue (MRR recurring average revenue per market and one time charges OTC) while maintaining profitability. (Forecasting)
COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATION
* Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the local system, and across systems. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various CCI and Cox Home Security organizations. (Coordination and communication)
* Establishes and maintains effective communication channels between Field Service Representatives and Professional Security Consultants to ensure installation goes smoothly for customers. (Internal communication)
* Builds and maintains relationships with developers, realtors, insurance agents, contractors, builders in subdivisions to promote Cox Home Security products and services. (Sales networking)
* Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes and standards. (Team communication)
* Partners with Corporate Channel Managers to cultivate and maintain relationships with bulk and 3rd party clients including key national and local retailers as well as Door-2-Door Vendors within assigned territory. (External collaboration)
* Manages and leads cross-functional coordination on accounting, inventory, technical, billing, marketing and sales matters. (Cross-functional coordination)
* Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Home Security and Cox Communications departments to ensure high quality customer service. (Internal relationships)
* Monitors to ensure that Professional Security Consultants are prospecting and effectively managing their sales pipelines.
* Develops and implements the necessary metrics and structure in assigned sales channels to ensure the proper customer experience is achieved in order to support the goal of being the trusted provider. (Customer satisfaction)
* Reviews and approves sales presentations, commission reports and other reports developed by outside sales representatives within his/her approval authority. (Review and approve)
* Prepares regular sales and expense reports and controls to manage sales activities and control expenses. (Report preparation)
* Participates in the administration of compensation and commission plans to support the achievement of sales goals.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required requirements
* 2 years recent outside/door-to-door/customer-facing sales experience
* 2 years of recent sales management experience leading an outside/door-to-door/customer facing sales team
* Intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) in a work setting
* Valid state driver s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
* Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
* Experience in home security sales meeting quotas
* Knowledge of local market, local contacts
* AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
* 3-5 years experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges