Supervisor I- Production
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Company Name: Kirkhill Elastomers is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of Esterline Engineered Materials.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Family: Manufacturing Management
Reports to: Production Manager
Works with: Production Associates, Production Managers, Safety, HR, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, Production Planners/Schedulers and other Production Supervisors.
Location: Brea, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
This role is responsible for maintaining expected production schedules and material quality while supporting continuous improvement activities. Expectations are to achieve daily performance and safety goals during any given shift regardless of the obstacles incurred by utilizing proactive management and out of box thinking. The candidate must be able to relate to all personnel both hourly and salaried to promote a cooperative interactive relationship with subordinates. In a production environment the candidate must be able to motivate all personnel using a proactive approach to creatively solve equipment and manufacturing problems as well as drive yield improvements and cost reduction efforts.
* Manage a work scheduling system that responds effectively to priorities and daily requirements to maintain acceptable customer service levels.
* Establish effective lines of communication and feedback throughout the manufacturing process to ensure prompt attention to and resolution of conditions that adversely impact quality and throughput.
* Assess subordinate job performance; coach, council, develop skills, knowledge and abilities in subordinates; recommend personnel actions when appropriate.
* Manages a single shift of employees.
* Exercises good judgment in the utilization of manpower, work in progress and operational adjustments.
* Work closely with the Production Planner to ensure compliance to the production schedule and production changes.
* Send employee time off records daily to payroll.
* Plan and coordinate daily production activities to ensure on time completion of product.
* Complete necessary daily production reports.
* Drive continuous improvement efforts to create a world class operation.
* Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and regulations.
* Provide safe working conditions to prevent injuries and strive for zero lost time accidents.
* Ensure that product quality standards are maintained.
* Oversee training and coaching of all employees to ensure adequate understanding of safety, quality and production procedures.
* Ensure that departmental production goals are efficiently met.
* Apply lean/six sigma tools to eliminate process waste and variation.
* Report performance metrics and improvement activities.
* Engage employees in improvement activities.
* Ability to Read, Speak, Write in English to ensure instruction and training can be communicated to assigned workforce ensuring safety, Quality and Efficient completion of tasks
* Math skills sufficient for accomplishing all reports, charts and calculations.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and teach others in technical manufacturing work instructions, safety, quality and company practices and policies
* PC Proficient in email, reading/writing reports and basic data entry, Word and Excel usage. Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications
* General understanding of ISO methodology (ISO 9001, 14001, & OHSAS 18001)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* At least a 2 year degree (equivalent experience may be considered)
* 2+ years supervisory experience in a high speed manufacturing environment
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).