Supervisor, Land Survey Upstate New York
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SUPERVISOR, LAND SURVEY UPSTATE NEW YORK
JOB ID 20162683 DATE POSTED 09/06/2016 Description
About the Position:
* To provide lines of business with high-quality, accurate, and timely land surveying services.
* To supervise and direct land surveying activities to assist in the establishment of transmission and distribution facilities, substations, buildings, and other facilities company-wide.
* To interpret land and property records and documents for corporate clients.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Supervise surveying activity required for gas, power plant, facilities, major additions, rehabilitation, and retrofit projects.
* Supervise and prioritize the duties of represented office and field personnel through coaching, counselling, and team building to effectively and efficiently accomplish complex projects
* Provide support to project team during various phases of projects, concept, design, construction, and as-built.
* Develop and maintain specifications required to insure that deliverables adhere to Company standards.
* Provide Survey consulting for peers within the Real Estate, Engineering, Attorneys, Environmental and Design groups.
* Prepare and review survey-related maps and engineering reports as required to assure quality and accuracy.
* Stamp and sign boundary surveys, site plans and various other documents as required.
* Prepare legal descriptions.
* Prepare comprehensive written and oral reports of problems, findings, and solutions.
* Assist GIS department with respect to real property assets as required.
* Determine internal client needs, provide cost estimates and schedules as required.
* Contract services and monitor deliverables.
* Interact with various team members to complete projects.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Extensive knowledge in areas of Land Surveying including; Boundary determination, Planimetric, Topographic, Hydrographic, Alignment, and Construction layout.
* Capacity to implement change.
* Ability to manage staff that includes a mix of office and field personnel supplemented by contract services as required.
* Capability to provide customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
* Knowledge of utility construction methodologies.
* Ability to research and interpret land and conveyance records, both public and private and to communicate that information to non-surveyors.
* Understanding of accounting, finance, marketing, and property law.
* Skilled at interpreting paper and electronic mapping systems.
* Data Collection, Total Stations, GPS, Lidar
* Software, CADD, GIS, SAP
* Deep understanding of coordinate projections and conversions.
* Knowledgeable in areas of Land Surveying including Boundary Determination, Planimetric, Topographic, Hydrographic, Alignment, and Construction layout.
* Computer experience, preferably Microsoft Office.
* Four (4) year Degree from accredited college preferably in Business/Real Estate/Civil Engineering/Surveying, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Current registration as a Land Surveyor in New York State.
* Able to research and interpret land and conveyance records, both public and private.
* Ability to interpret paper and electronic mapping systems.
* Minimum four (4) years of experience in Utility Engineering or Property Surveying.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and other assignments at the same time.
* Negotiation and conflict resolution proficiency.
* Possession of a valid driver s license, and an ability and willingness to use personal vehicle on Company business.
* Availability for evening and weekend meetings.
* Travel within National Grid USA service territory.
* Total employees: 8
* Total Controllable Budget:
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Sep 6, 2016, 8:51:42 AM