Supervisor Live Events
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
SUPERVISOR LIVE EVENTS
The Supervisor Live Events will manage the Day Out With Thomas (DOWT) events program and off-site coordinators. The objective is to be a reliable, main point of contact for the railroads which host our events. The Supervisor will ensure coordinator duties are carried out, and that the right messages go out to our business partners. This position will also evaluate new business opportunities to grow this type of event with other brands.
* Oversee DOWT operations, including management and development of 3 off-site DOWT Event Coordinators. Create and maintain Coordinator Manual.
* Evaluate current events and create improvement plans year over year. Oversee and execute plans to upgrade consumer experience and drive consumer engagement.
* Research new technology, spearheading integration of such, as well as new ways to operate event photos.
* Research and pitch potential new partners. Oversee application process and onboarding as needed
* Assist/Lead projects as needed for live events departments.
* Create 2015 Post Event Tour survey for Railroad Directors.
* Prepare and plan for current and future tour years create log of new processes.
* Review, approve, and track completion of all event marketing plans, final operating plans, activities and entertainment plan, and site layouts.
* Oversee all tour logistics and maintain high level relationships with partners of such.
* Oversee creation of new assets for events, overseeing delivery and ensuring meeting timelines.
* Update DOWT Guidebook annually. Evaluate usefulness and ensure effectiveness and use by training Coordinators on messaging.
* Spearhead creation of quarterly newsletter by collating content, then collecting data and assets.
* Manage annual railroad contracts, facilitate creation of deal points sheet, ensure agreement with RR, and control timeliness of execution
* Work with Marketing Agency to coordinate all 2016 assets needed for our marketing kit with managing time lines. Track and analyze marketing initiatives. Evaluate success and research ways to increase efficiency/save costs with Marketing Kit (ie cloud-based).
* Review Ticketweb marketing initiatives and provide updates as needed. Manage day-to-day TicketWeb relationship to increase ticket sales and create efficiency. Evaluate Ticket reports and alert of trends, shortfalls, etc.
* Manage all aspects of ticketing partnership to generate greater sales, including reporting & system upgrades, contract, and day to day operations.
* Liaise with internal departments and marketing to ideate and execute ways to promote on-site.
* Track and analyze marketing initiatives. Evaluate successes
Experience, Education & Skills
* Accountability to take personal ownership for delivering and exceeding commitments. You hold yourself, team and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results. You embody and foster a play to win and win to grow mindset, even on the toughest projects.
* Leadership & Alignment capabilities to establish a compelling strategic vision for the team, and can empower the team to achieve it. You lead by example, inspiring team cohesion, effectiveness and productivity and encourages challenge and constructive discourse to strengthen resolve and achieve higher levels of innovation and performance.
* Communication skills to promote a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders. Your communication style creates a feeling of energy, excitement and personal investment amongst team members and people outside of the organization.
* Bachelor s Degree in a related field required.
* 7-10 years professional experience with a minimum of 3 years management experience. Management experience should include both team management and development of full-time employees, project management, and managing vendor/client relationships.
* Excellent organizational abilities to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and ability to conduct internet research.
* Ability to travel extensively via plane, train, and automobile travel up to 60%.
Fisher-Price, Inc. is a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) with offices located in East Aurora, N.Y. and New York, N.Y. Fisher-Price is one of the most trusted brands in babygear, infant and preschool toys, and conducts business in 150 countries around the world, producing toys in more than 40 languages. Child development expertise coupled with innovation is reflected in the company s best-known brands including Laugh & Learn , Little People , Power Wheels , and Imaginext . We re also a leading developer of character-based toys for children s programming such as Thomas & Friends , Dora and Friends: Into the City!, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates. For more information, visit www.fisher-price.com
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer