Supervisor Operations/Construction (Assoc./Sr./Lead)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SUPERVISOR OPERATIONS/CONSTRUCTION (ASSOC./SR./LEAD)
JOB ID 20163010 DATE POSTED 11/23/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
THESE POSITIONS CAN BE LOCATED IN GREENPOINT, CANARSIE, MELVILLE OR GREATER NY AREA
These positions will be used to fill multiple vacancies in the Downstate NY region. Coverage area will include alternating between Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island.
Supervisor of external Gas Contractor crews performing all aspects of related work. Manage the local construction process to ensure the following: Safe and reliable installation of the transmission and distribution systems consistent with Company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with governmental codes and regulations. Extensive knowledge of our gas system a must including pipeline installation and gas regulator stations.
At the higher levels (Lead), this position will be responsible for the supervision of several Construction Supervisors and coordinating the work from Resource Planning to these individuals.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Sound implementation of construction policies and procedures that maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding company growth goals.
* Direct all aspects of the construction process to meet Company goals while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations ensuring the timely and cost effective installation of facilities.
* Monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
* Cultivate relationships with all outside agencies while protecting the Company's.
* Motivate, coach, challenge and provide developmental opportunities for subordinates.
* Maintain industry involvement to keep abreast of changing technologies and best practices.
* Develop continuous improvement initiatives in support of the Company's strategic objectives.
* Foster cooperative working relationships with bargaining units and contractors.
* Participate in the development and implementation of the various systems and technologies that support the construction process.
* Facilitate and support the construction process.
* Manage the utilization of resources (personnel, vehicles, and equipment) to ensure a timely response, monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload and re-balance as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
* Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company standards and procedures, PSC Code requirements, OSHA, and municipal rules and regulations.
* Ensure accurate reporting of work including SOP's, work order historicals, daily completion reporting, sketches, Operations Qualification, etc.
* Respond to emergencies and supervises a workforce that operates on a 24-hr 7day/week basis.
* Standby assignments on a rotational basis as well as overtime to respond to emergencies and ensure public safety are required.
Coordination of work packages to the team and ensuring representation on all projects before starting.
* Coordinate all Field Meetings necessary to progress the projects, including pre-construction meetings, safety meetings and notifications and all daily tail gate meetings.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Four year college degree (Engineering degree preferred) or prior work related experience required.
* Five plus years of proven managerial experience with a focus on construction policies and practices.
* Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures, and technical competence to prudently apply these to support construction operations.
* Extensive knowledge of the gas transmission and distribution system, engineering, construction & maintenance practices, gas utilization equipment, gas metering, and the electric distribution system; Federal, State, and Municipal Codes, Company standards and procedures as well as computer operations are essential.
* Familiarity with Construction standards, Work Methods, Rules for Safe Operation, and associated procedures, knowledge of Company policies and the application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement are needed.
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required, in addition to planning, organizing and computer skills.
* Prior experience dealing with diverse groups such as gas and/or electric customers, government officials, etc. in a tactful and diplomatic manner is vital.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products is required for consideration for the Lead Construction Supervisor position.
* Ability to estimate field construction costs.
* Primavera, PowerPlant, and SAP experience is a plus.
* This position may involve driving to other company locations, so a clean, valid state issued driver's license is required.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected from discrimination under municipal, state, or federal law. We encourage all interested, qualified persons to join the National Grid team.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Nov 23, 2016, 1:16:26 PM