This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Primary Job Purpose:
Supervises staff within Cambia Finance operations. Coordinates staff activities to ensure that payroll transactions are processed accurately, timely, and interface with other systems, including but not limited to the general ledger each month. Ensures that proper expense accruals are recorded each month.
Competencies and Knowledge:
* Payroll systems.
* IRS tax rules/regulations as they apply to specific duty assignment. State/local income tax reporting as may apply.
* Allowable/unallowable costs for government reporting.
* Cost allocation functional coding.
* General ledger accounting practices.
* Balance sheet account reconciliation procedures.
* Mainframe and PC applications, including a variety of applications to perform accounting functions.
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees and all levels of management.
* Process detailed data in an accurate manner.
* Apply mathematical principles.
* Exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
* Delegate and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Think analytically, apply analytical techniques, and provide analysis and recommendations using critical thinking and sound judgement.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
The Supervisor of Payroll would have a bachelor s degree in business, accounting, or related field and 5 years of experience with all aspects of payroll systems and reporting and 3 years management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA, as well as public accounting experience and health care insurance experience is a plus.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.
Applicable certification in area of expertise, i.e. FPC/CPP (Payroll) is preferred.
General Functions and Outcomes
* Effectively lead teams, including development, support, guidance, and direction.
* Review transactions prepared by staff, ensuring all payroll entries are entered accurately.
* Work with management in assessing control risks to develop and/or modify annual and long-range process improvement plans and audit compliance issues.
* Support, as applicable, internal and external audits, including the preparation of audit schedules and account reconciliations. Investigate and report on unusual transactions, activities, questions,and issues as they arise.
* Oversee monthly closing processes, insuring that online system has closed, vouchers have posted, interface edit rejects are corrected, general ledger interface is posted correctly, payroll funding is accurate and timely, and manual entries are made timely.
* Supervise balance sheet account reconciliation and the researching of outstanding items as assigned.
* Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Ensure staff research unusual error messages or report data making necessary corrections when errors are found.
* Manage workloads and quality.
* Make recommendations and participate in policy and procedure changes.
* Participate in and help direct the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of payroll system(s), and other related or integrated systems.
* Work with outside auditors and consultants, vendors, bankers, regulators, and customers on an assortment of payroll issues. Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers at varying levels.
* Participate in and supervise work efforts to develop and implement periodic conversions and/or consolidations of financial systems and applications, including research and recommendations on redesign of process methodologies and interfaces with ancillary systems.
* Actively participate on committees, project teams, and other cross-departmental initiatives; and communicate relevant information appropriately.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.