Supervisor, Planning Management 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MilliporeSigma plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. EMD Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
This Supervisor, Planning Mgmt is responsible for the day to day supervision of the production planning team.
The primary objective is to lead the team to assure continuity of supply within SoCal Biologics Operations, develop standardized processes & reports to optimize supply performance, drive S&OP supply review process aligned with site operations objectives, and deliver superior value to the organization. The candidate will be responsible for all insourced planning operations supporting site business needs. The Supervisor, Production Planning will interact with and lead projects aimed at improving supply reliability metrics (Product OTD, Back order, MPS & Inventory)
Responsibilities will also include accountability for a valid master schedule for material and capacities by effectively
balancing supply and demand for product. A valid master schedule is one in which priority due dates equal need dates, and planned capacity equals required capacity. Accountable to ensure the creation and maintenance of a valid plans & schedules for material and capacities by effectively balancing supply and demand at all levels of materials
Essential Job Functions:
- S&OP process with focus on supply review
- Supervise day to day on-site production planning activities & staff
- Establish Production Planning performance goals and execute plans to meet objectives
- Lead and provide guidance to achieve goals while leveraging individual strengths and promoting a team environment
- Manage monthly supply metrics, identify issues and propose resolutions
- Ensure integrity of supply master data
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create operational efficiencies (e.g. Production, Quality Assurance, Technical
Support, product management)
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal customers, ie. Purchasing, Operations, Marketing, Product Management, Quality)
- Provide exceptional customer support with highest ethical standards.
- Performance management of employees, filling headcount with experienced and qualified candidates.
- Managing and developing production planners to attain maximum department qualities, efficiencies and
customer service skills (internal & external).
- Establishing strong team partnerships with local as well as Supply Network Planning & Operations leaders
- Delivering results for KPI s as established by global and local leadership. These will include but not be limited to 1)
Ship as Requested 2) Ship as Confirmed 3) Execution to MPS 4) Inventory working capital
- Executing the S&OP local Supply Review
- Challenging all aspects of the current production planning operation and making recommendations for change.
- Enforcing adherence to policy within the production planning process.
- Managing down, across and up to influence the operation at all levels.
- Expected to lead projects in a high stress, highly matrixed and ever changing environment.
- Escalating concerns and potential supply disruptions.
- Balancing of supply and demand within RCCP annual operating plan targets.
- Order Fulfillment (to include but not limited to backorders, backlog, ATP communication)
- Priority Control (Internal and external supply)
- Determining and assigning resources that support internal projects and plant initiatives
- Driving right process and behaviors to achieve site KPI s
- Escalation and/or reporting of supply disruptions
- BS degree or higher (Science, Economics, Business, and/or Supply Chain).
- 3-5 year of planning / supply chain experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in leading and developing teams of planning and/or operations professionals.
- Proven history of effectively managing teams and implementing organizational change.
- Able to multi-task in an energy-charged, fast-paced environment
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- ERP management experience,
- Conversant in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Oracle and/or SAP knowledge & experience.
- Knowledge of ISO, GMP requirements.
- 3+ years experience in the bioscience, life science, pharmaceutical or chemical industry
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CPIM, CSCP, CPM)
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or other process improvements is a plus
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.