This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
EBSCO Industries Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 8668
Experience: 5 years
Job Category: Manufacturing and Production
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Required Travel: No
Location: AL - Moody
Travel Percentage: 0
Vulcan Industries, a division of EBSCO Industries, is one the largest suppliers of top-quality merchandising displays in the country. Headquartered in Moody, AL with sales offices across the US, Vulcan Industries proudly provides display solutions to a diverse customer base of retailers and brand marketers.
Currently Vulcan has a rare opening for a 2nd shift supervisor at its Moody, Alabama facility. This high profile position will ultimately be responsible for a large portion of VI s production process. As this is a supervisor role, the focus will be on overseeing and coaching fellow team members helping them perform their jobs to the best of their ability. We are looking for a servant leader, someone who leads by example and instills pride in each team member. VI is also in the midst of a Lean transformation and the supervisor will be charged with delivering customer value in the most efficient way possible. Lastly the supervisor will work with their peers with to manage production schedules for both personnel and equipment.
* 5+ years in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment
* 2 - 4 years reading and writing work instructions.
* 5 years of experience dealing with conflict, coaching and counseling.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
* Experience in sheet metal manufacturing.
* Ability to read work order specification sheets.
* Ability to use a computer effectively for data entry and research.
* Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to give directions to hourly employees.
* Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: Plant equipment, machinery, scales, tape measures, control gauges.
Note: Employees may be asked to perform tasks other than those listed on the job description and will be expected to perform any reasonable task assigned by their supervisor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top