This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
EBSCO Industries Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 8680
Experience: 3 years
Job Category: Manufacturing and Production
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Required Travel: No
Location: AL - Moody
Travel Percentage: 0
Vulcan Industries, a division of EBSCO Industries, is one the largest suppliers of top-quality merchandising displays in the country. Headquartered in Moody, AL with sales offices across the US, Vulcan Industries proudly provides display solutions to a diverse customer base of retailers and brand marketers.
Currently Vulcan has a rare opening for a 1st shift supervisor at its Moody, Alabama facility. This high profile position will ultimately be responsible for overseeing the paint, packaging, and assembly area of VI s production process. As this is a supervisor role, the focus will be on overseeing and coaching fellow team members helping them perform their jobs to the best of their ability. We are looking for a servant leader, someone who leads by example and instills pride in each team member. VI is also in the midst of a Lean transformation and the supervisor will be charged with delivering customer value in the most efficient way possible. Lastly the supervisor will work with their peers with to manage production schedules for both personnel and equipment.
* 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment
* 2+ years of experience reading and writing work instructions.
* 3+ years of experience dealing with conflict, coaching and counseling.
* 2+ years of experience in a packaging or assembly department.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
* Experience with powder coat paint process.
* Ability to read work order specification sheets.
* Ability to use a computer effectively for data entry and research.
* Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to give directions to hourly employees.
* Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: Plant equipment, machinery, scales, tape measures, control gauges.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top