This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Sysmex America Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Production Supervisor. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day to day management of the production resources (Production Technicians, materials and equipment), working alongside with all SRA departments, in order to execute efficiently the weekly production schedule. The Production Supervisor is responsible for making sure that the DHR weighing and filling documentation are completed correctly and on time and making sure all production GMP activities are correctly performed and recorded in the log books. Production Supervisor also has to maintain all production SOPs up to date and make sure that all Production Technician are properly trained to perform their tasks. As a member of the SRA management team, the Production Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring the production team complies with all SRA, FDA, ISO, and GMP relevant policies, regulations, and guidelines. In addition, this position also has to perform production activities and assists the Production Manager as needed. This position will be required to work a 7day/12hour shift schedule (work for 3 days/off for 4 during one week and then work for 4 days/off for 3 the following week). The weeks will alternate this way and the employee will also work alternating weekends. The hours will be 6:30am-6:30pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directly supervises and assists Production Technicians in their daily duties in a cGMP, 21CFR820, ISO 13485, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 environment.
2. Execute and control weekly production schedules. Generates production documentation according to the appropriate Device History Record and then inspects the production documentation at each stage for completeness and accuracy.
3. Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all production processes, creating and reviewing the SOPs as needed.
4. Training SRA production technicians. Create with Manager annual Production Technician development plan and training schedule and execute it.
5. Control the inventory of all production supplies.
6. Champion the 5S program in the production area. Ensure the facility is clean, safe and well organized at all times and complies with OSHA s, SRA s and regulatory standards.
7. Work cross functionally with quality control, quality assurance, operations, maintenance, human resources and other Sysmex departments.
8. Review and approve Production Technician time cards and absence requests. Perform the first level of performance evaluations and reviews.
9. Assists the Production Manager as needed.
10. The above statement describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as required by management.
* Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheets and email), MRP systems, SAP skills a plus).
* Excellent communication skills required in directing associates in daily production tasks;
* Ability to communicate well verbally and written with other members of the Sysmex team.
* Must work effectively with a variety of associates including production, quality control, quality assurance, human resources, supply chain, accounting and others.
* Willing to make suggestions for process improvements.
* Willingness to make sound and timely decisions and include appropriate people as needed.
* Prioritizes and organizes work activities and staff to achieve efficient production flow to meet schedules in a cost effective manner.
* Bachelor s Degree in Chemistry, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related preferred.
* Forklift Operation; DOT Hazmat certificate a plus.
* Minimum 3 years of chemical solutions manufacturing and team supervising experience.
* Warehouse experience a plus.
* Experienced with cGMP, 21CFR820, ISO 13485, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements and processes.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.