Supervisor, Quality Assurance and Laboratory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
This position is responsible to lend supervision, support and oversight to daily activities associated with the Quality Assurance and Laboratory Departments of the plant. Responsible to evaluate and to maintain the food safety, quality standards and systems as set forth by the customer and by the company, regarding the manufacturing of products. Maintains the training of employee's, helps ensure adherence to company performance goals and objectives, organizes and assigns the daily work as needed. This position assists in the technical evaluation of all manufactured products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Directs, supervises, and coordinates testing procedures and operations requiring a broad knowledge of statistical process control factors, quality processes, product and material specifications, and production applications that meets quality, quantity, schedule, and cost requirements.
* Organizes and assigns work to utilize available skills, knowledge and experience, labor hours, lab and testing equipment to the best advantages to obtain most favorable inspection costs, consistent application, and production output.
* Provides regular training, instruction, and guidance and maintains close surveillance over testing and inspection procedures to ensure the success of technicians involved in the regular inspection of finished parts, products, or raw materials.
* Analyzes and diagnoses parts, processes, and equipment problems to expedite corrective action. Develops and implements action to prevent recurrences and interruption of production processes.
* Coordinates Quality Assurance inspection activities, as they may be related to work in progress. Integrates required revisions to testing procedures for products or processes as necessary.