Supervisor, Quality Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlbany Engineered Composites (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components in order to help our customers push the frontiers of innovation. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite components. With our unique blend of products -- including 3D woven structures, traditional and non-traditional 2D composite structures, and discrete through thickness reinforcement technologies, to name a few -- AEC is able to produce composite components and products which meet performance and cost specifications often beyond the reach of metallic or conventional laminated composites.
Supervise inspection personnel who audit and inspect characteristics of materials and processes through electronic, mechanical, and visual inspection techniques as well as Quality Engineers who develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Helps regulate in-process and final inspection tasks to ensure production needs are accomplished mainly through direct supervision of non-exempt and some exempt employees. Responsible for daily operations of assigned work area. Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and quality deliverables. Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in schedules and impact to product quality. Interacts daily with subordinates and/or peers within similar and/or related functions primarily for the purpose of presenting and exchanging information and building effective relationships.
* Apply continuous improvement to quality operations through 5S, Root Cause Analysis, Process flow, Standard work, and Visual Management
* Facilitate and completion of AS9102 First Article Inspection forms through in-process inspection data
* Ability to teach and develop standard training, visual management, work instructions and formal/informal employee education courses
* Perform One-on-one's, give feedback to direct reports, perform annual and bi-annual reviews
* Provide weekly updates to quality metrics
* Recruit, retain, manage and develop subordinate associates to ensure a well-qualified and high motivated department
* Manage implementation and compliance of Quality Management program, including recordkeeping and training of department-level Quality representatives.
* Prioritize work load to provide coverage of QA functions as needed.
* Proficient oral and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively organize and plan
* Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate other in group situations
* Other Duties as assigned
* 3+ years' experience in Quality management in a Manufacturing Environment
* 3+ years direct personnel supervision
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Engineering, Management, or Technical Field
* 5-7 years' experience in a Quality field or related area
* Thorough knowledge of GD&T and Standard MT&E use
* Ability to read technical specifications such as blueprints, 3D Models, and manufacturing specifications
* Understanding of AS9100 requirement, specifically AS9102
* Usage of Discus, InfinityQS Proficient, or TIPQA software
* Proficient using CMM and Portable CMM equipment (Romer, Faro, Leica)
* Experience using PC-DIMIS, Verisurf, and Spatial Analyzer software
* Internal Auditor Experience (ASQ CQA) with knowledge of audit plans and scheduling
* Lean and/or Six Sigma certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled