Supervisor RN NICU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00950-83776
Nights (rotating weekends)
Up to a $20,000 sign on bonus offered and relocation available for eligible candidates and positions.
WORK SCHEDULE: SUPERVISOR PEDIATRIC NICU Full Time - Nights
Medical Center of Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community - we can prevent, diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions. Our team is dedicated to providing family-centered care with our talented team of healthcare professionals, technology and customer-friendly environment.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The SUPERVISOR NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT RN NICU provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and implements care and interventions in addressing the problems of the neonate
* Carries out physician orders
* Assists physician during examination, treatment, and procedures
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
* Instructs and educates patients and families
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care
* Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment for at risk infants
* Orients and mentors new staff members
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Apply now! NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
* Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
* Minimum 1 year of RECENT Level III experience in a NICU / Neonatal Intensive Care
* 1 year of Supervisor/Charge experience.
* Current certification as a BLS and NRP Healthcare Provider
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Associates Degree in Nursing required
Last Edited: 11/14/2016