Supervisor Region Operations 8/16/2016
Rocky Mount, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OVERVIEW:
The Supervisor Region Operations responsibilities are to manage technicians in specific service areas, and to provide quality residential services in the Rocky Mount, NC service area on a profitable basis while adhering to company policies, procedures and directives. Develop and maintain an aggressive, knowledgeable, customer-focused team that promotes and sells CenturyLink products and services while providing a service experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
* Direct the installation, residential service, outside plant and central office activities within a specified geographic area, including typical and high speed internet required to provide service to customers including our IPTV (PRISM) product.
* Coordinate proper completion of service orders by their due date; handle customer complaints and repairs and service outage and major cable damage notifications.
* Select competent staff in accordance with legal, Corporate and department hiring guidelines. Develop an effective staff by motivating, training, and evaluating employees.
* Provide a safe work environment for employees and eliminate accidents by providing safety training and reinforcing safety requirements on the job.
* Contribute to a positive Company image within the communities served by ensuring that prompt, courteous service is given to customers, and acting as the Company's representative within the community.
* Monitor workload and manage work schedules to ensure labor efficiency and meet service demands (i.e., overtime, weekends, evening work, etc.).
* Ensure that all company equipment is inspected and routinely maintained according to established specifications to minimize equipment failures and out of service reports.
* Promote harmonious and productive working relationships with utility, municipality and government-related entities by coordinating outside plant facility-related work activity with these entities.
* Oversee the construction, maintenance and repair of facilities as needed.
* Schedule periodic inspections and tests of equipment to prevent service interruptions
* Actively support sales and marketing efforts within assigned geographic area.
* Actively promote the sale of CenturyLink products and services.
* Assume other duties as assigned.
* Bachelordegree in business, a related field, or the equivalent in training and experience
* Minimum five 5 + 7years of telecommunications industry experience which demonstrates a basic knowledge of telephony and outside plant construction and repair practices, and current knowledge of digital switching systems, various transmission systems and central office power systems, broadband experience and VoIP technology or the equivalent in training and experience.
* Possess and maintain valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
* Work leadership experience that demonstrates involvement in planning, directing and monitoring the work of others and ability to build group commitment to company goals and objectives
* Work experience that demonstrates strong analytical and/or problem-solving skills.
* Proficiency in the use of personal computers and/or mainframe computer systems and related software including two or more of the following: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Verbal and written communications skills to interact with technical and non-technical contacts
* Basic knowledge of emerging and advanced communications technologies
* 2+ years experience managing teams within a telecom technical environment.
* 2+ years experience with installation, maintenance, and repair of POTS, HSI and GPON.
* 2+ years experience with contractor relations.
* 2+ years experience with Excel, Word, Outlook and legacy systems.
* Work Environment:
* Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and pager duty will be required.
* Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory overtime and holidays.
* Must perform work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure.