Supervisor Registered Nurse (RN) Surgery Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 06676-48819
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures, coordinates and supervises the planning and implementation of intra- and interdepartmental activities of the unit. The Supervisor of Nursing Unit is responsible for an awareness of patient conditions and problems and notifies managers as necessary. Collaborates with supervisors, physician offices, and Pre-Surgical Testing.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree.
Minimum of two years specialized nursing experience applicable to the unit.
Previous supervisory experience.
Surgery scheduling experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrates effective working knowledge of equipment used in work area.
* Demonstrates effective guest relations with internal and external customers.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Meditech and general computer skills.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
* Participates in budget control by using only those supplies necessary within the work area.
* Demonstrate an understanding of HCA's and St. David's "Patient First" safety initiatives through strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
* Works autonomously
* Sets priorities and makes independent decisions of a complex nature.
Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
Current certification as BLS Healthcare Provider
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 10/20/2016