- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day supervision/management of the onsite SOW related to customer requirements. The Supervisor supports and leads a team of VWR on-site personnel acting as a single point of contact for the customer. The Supervisor manages one site or multiple sites/customers in a geographic region with up to 25 Associates; may also be responsible to supervise GxP and scientific services. Most of the supervisors time (~80%) is spent coordinating/assigning work, supervising personnel and ensuring customer requirements are met. . The supervisor typically will report to a manager.
* Leads and directs team efforts as well as performs work provided in SOW related to customer requirements.
* Coaches and motivates team members to successfully perform job requirements and to meet / exceed goals and objectives. Encourages through mentoring, as well as supporting individual, professional and team growth.
* Management of open order status reports, customer, metrics and department reports, and SOP/SOW maintenance
* Provides training and development as well as back-up to associates to perform required tasks.
* Performs administrative duties such as associate performance appraisals, succession planning, time card review, vacation scheduling, etc.
* Creates and maintains: SOP s, SOW s, SPI s and KPI s.
* Acts as a liaison between customer, VWR services and VWR sales.
* Ensures GxP Compliance and Good Documentation Practices.
* Brings Value to the customer from personal development in the industry.
Experience & Skills:
* Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
* Knowledge of Information Access and ERP Systems; intermediate Microsoft Office Knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic understanding of Microsoft Access
* Excellent customer service skills; display a professional can do attitude
* Basic purchasing and inventory knowledge
* High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures
* Must be flexible, adaptable, and multi-task oriented
* Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
* Strong verbal and written communication skills skills to interact with both customers and various departments within VWR
* Proficient in trouble shooting
* Understanding of, and ability to administer VWR s policies consistently
* Ability to make sound business decisions with limited consultation with manager
* High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree or undergraduate degree in business or science related field is preferred
* 4-5 years applicable experience in customer services/purchasing/or account management
* Previous experience managing associates is required
* Forklift Certification a plus
* Spill containment , IATA, DOT, IMDG and Hazwoper training a plus
* GMP and GLP training a plus
* CPR training and OSHA Right to Know preferred
* Inside sales experience and cross referencing skills a plus
* Potential to manage Scientific Services
* Valid Driver s License and transportation
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that may weigh up to 50lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit www.vwrjobs.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .