Supervisor, Servicing Call Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSALLIE MAE has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college since 1972. With more than 40 years of experience, Sallie Mae offers a wide range of private education loans, retail bank products, insurance products, and other education-related services to help families save, plan, and responsibly pay for college.
The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. At Sallie Mae, you will have the opportunity to apply your experience and build a career path that will unlock your potential.
With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality. Start your career search today.
This position is responsible for coaching representatives to provide accurate and professional service to customers via telephone. The Supervisor provides consistent feedback and training as needed to assist representatives in performing their daily job functions. In addition, the Supervisor oversees the day-to-day activities in the unit. They are accountable for providing effective supervision of assigned staff to ensure an efficient and cost effective operation.
Provide effective supervision, leadership, guidance to staff to ensure that all goals and objectives are met.
* Monitor, review and provide regular feedback to staff on the quality and quantity of work produced.
* Provide regular performance feedback to staff via monthly one-on-one meetings and through the annual performance review cycle.
* Maintain knowledge of all programs/projects the inbound unity supports provided by internal and external sources. Summarize and update staff on all activities.
* Assist staff with questions pertaining to the products and services offered by Sallie Mae.
* Assesses staff capabilities and identifies appropriate training to improve performance.
* Develops and coaches staff to enhance performance and ensure staffing levels are maintained and established goals are met.
* Sets realistic goals and timeframes to complete assigned tasks.
* Interviewing and hiring of appropriate candidates.
Receives and responds promptly and accurately to all customer inquiries and complaints via telephone that have escalated to the supervisory level.
Other duties as assigned to meet overall departmental goals.
* Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
* 3-5 years of experience working in a high volume call center environment.
* 1-2 years of experience in a leadership role and motivating a team or unit to achieve business area goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to solve problems quickly and independently.
* Technical skills to utilize current technologies and monitor dialer campaigns.
* Excellent written communication skills to include grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
* Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to orally express moderately complex concepts clearly and quickly.
* Must be flexible in terms of hours/shift available to work.
* Must have working knowledge of personal computers.