This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
North American Pipe Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DESCRIPTION
In the U.S., our polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin is utilized by Westlake companies North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO) and Westech Building Products. North American Pipe manufactures and sells pipe and fittings and Westech Building Products fabricates and sells products for residential and commercial construction. These products are used in projects ranging from water and sewer systems to home and commercial applications for fence, deck rail, window and door systems.
Supervisor-Shipping Location AZ, Yucca
Requisition Number 1684
# of openings 1
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipment s, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current.
* Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Prepares work order for repairs and requisites for replacement of equipment.
* Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control and purchasing.
* Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
* Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required with some post secondary education. Must have some shipping experience in plastics extrusion.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability