Supervisor/Sr. Supervisor, Gas Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SUPERVISOR/SR. SUPERVISOR, GAS OPERATIONS
JOB ID 20163126 DATE POSTED 09/08/2016 Description
About the Position:
This position can be located in any of our MA facilities.
Responsible for the daily supervision of Gas personnel including, Construction personnel, Field Operations personnel, P-HUB personnel, Contract Oversight, Gas Emergency First Responders, Service persons, Collections personnel, Meter Readers, Gas Dispatchers, Mark-out personnel, and Foreign opening inspectors, in a cost effective manner to ensure the following:
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Ensure the safety, reliability, security and integrity of our gas customer s premises as well as the Company s distribution system, consistent with Company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and future governmental codes and regulations. Sound implementation of policies and procedures that ensure public safety, maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding performance incentives
* Protect the safety of the public, company property, and personnel through monitoring and enforcement of work rules, standards, and procedures for emergency response, leak investigation, and other scheduled work while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations.
* Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling, and team building to effectively and efficiently accomplish job tasks. Responsible for workplace safety to ensure safe working conditions are maintained through field inspection of work sites and equipment.
* Participate in on-call or after hour supervisory duties. Applicants should have quality labor relation skills in order to interpret contract language, resolve grievances and discipline cases, initiate and institute corrective action where necessary. Maintain compliance with O.S.H.A., PSC, DOT regulations, and Operator Qualifications.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Extensive operations related work experience is required. Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree and related work experience will be considered. Prior leadership experience with a focus on Gas Construction, Gas Field Operations and Customer Meter Services is a plus.
* Technical knowledge of distribution system, engineering, construction and maintenance practices. Knowledge of state and municipal gas codes. Working knowledge of company information systems and technologies related to field operations, including FWMS, FDC, ORACLE, MAXIMO, NRG, ADVANTEX, DIGSAFE etc.
* Applicant must exhibit proven supervisory skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment is necessary. The candidate must posses an exceptional safety record, strong oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to maximize performance of subordinates. Solid planning and organizing skills are required. Must possess the following competencies: Focus on Safety, Customer Satisfaction, advancing technology to protect our environment, innovation, drive for results, adaptability, demonstrate and promote teamwork.
* This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Sep 8, 2016, 12:25:28 PM
:Oct 7, 2016, 11:59:00 PM