Supervisor, Sterile Processing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Supervisor, Sterile Processing Department:
Sterile Processing - - - # Description Requisition ID:
8014 Job Title:
Supervisor, Sterile Processing Shift:
Full Time | Days Department:
Sterile Processing Location:
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* Responsible for the efficient supervision of the Sterile Processing staff, supply order and inventory in accordance with established policies and procedures\. Oversees all operations of sterile processing including equipment repair and maintenance, new equipment, supplies and personnel\.Interact with Nursing and clinical staff to provide safe and effective products to patients\. + Provide direct supervision of Sterile Processing staff including monitoring daily activity schedules and patient load\. Prepares work schedules, assigns personnel, evaluates work performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions\. + Orders medical supplies and manages them through the issue / inventory / charge system\. + On\-going communication with medical center staff to adjust or add supplies for equipment to areas, address patient transports issues\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Minimum Education:
* Bachelor's degree\. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements\.*
* Minimum Experience:
* Five years health care experience in sterile processing\.*
* Required License/Certification:
* Required CRCST, CPR certification*
* Physical Requirements:
* Lifting/carry 60\-100 pounds, walking communication skills*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .