Supervisor, Tool Room - Vega Baja, Puerto Rico
Hubbell Incorporated - Vega Baja, PR
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Supervise the day to day operation of tool room/machine shop within an injection molding operation. Plans, schedules, and manages machining, mold repairs, and tool room equipment repairs and upgrades. Evaluates tooling and tool room processes, develops and implements continued improvement on both. Estimates staffing requirements, repairs times, and relative cost to provide data for operational decisions. Drives attitudes of safety, customer service, quality performance, and continuous improvement among assigned personnel. Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience in maintenance and repair of injection molding molds, of which at minimum 3 years must be supervising a Tool Room within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with high cavitation molds and hot runner systems preferred.
- Minimum Associate degree in Tool and Die complemented by extensive technical education, training, and experience, or, preferred, mechanical engineering degree with working knowledge of tool making, mold making, and plastic injection molding.
- Ability to read tooling drawings.
- Strong written and oral communication in English and Spanish, to include technical communication skills in order to convey technical issues and information.