- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Responsible for Supervising loading and unloading of inbound and outbound raw materials and finished goods. Accountable for staffing and departmental record keeping along with daily and monthly inventory control. Responsible for Warehouse cleanliness. Responsible for relief duties.
* Follow all warehousing policies and procedures
* Properly process paperwork necessary to ensure proper shipment of products
* Checking trailers seals for inbounds, applying trailers seals for outbounds
* Follow the work schedule and assigned jobs on a daily basis
* Oversee all aspects of the Departement
* All other duties that are assigned by department management
* Assist Department Management in implementing Department policies and procedures.
* Assist in screening and interviewing prospective applicants for various warehousing positions.
* Resolves personnel grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Warehouse Manager and Human Resource Manager for action.
* Directs personnel in proper record keeping and supervises accurate job completion.
* Establish and/or adjust work schedules and procedures to meet departmental objectives.
* Spot-checks department to ensure proper storage conditions for each warehousing area are being maintained.
* Trains personnel to identify and deal appropriately with product status issues (i.e. held, remix, etc.)
* Assures all shipping and receiving forms and documents are completed by Dept. personnel as required.
* Identify department areas which need improvement, and assist Department Manager with formulating and implementing corrective actions.
* Works interdepartmentally with other supervisors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Works cooperatively with the Planning, Logistics, and Purchasing departments to facilitate on time arrival, departure and delivery of ingredients and finished goods.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Minimum of five (5) years experience in a food-manufacturing environment.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role.
* Previous forklift experience recommended.
* Good reading, writing and oral communications in English.
* Very good mathematical skills.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary for relief duties, including weekends as needed
* Computer skills Ability to use Word and Excel software
* SAP and SAP WM experience a plus
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with other departments or customers.
* Must demonstrate good management skills
* Must be able to pass a drug test and physical examination.
* High School diploma required.
* Associates Degree or higher recommended.
* Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
* SAP and or SAP WM experience
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Lifting up to 50lbs
* Frequently climbing stairs
* Standing & walking for extended periods of time
* Frequently pushing, pulling & bending
* Reaching & stooping
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Employee must be able to work in cold, wet, hot, dusty, slippery, loud and close space for extended periods of time
* Working in sub zero temperatures, on occasion
Typical Work Schedule:6 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or as required (Relief duties as well)
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.