Supervisor of Collections Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Mount Laurel, NJ
Provide guidance, direction and support for a team of Collections Representatives
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Assess performance of individual members of the team. Provide timely feedback for favorable performance and contributions (i.e. recognition) as well as appropriate coaching/counseling for unfavorable performance
* Support employee career development by providing employees with opportunities to develop their knowledge, skill and abilities and conducting candid career conversations.
* Support staffing (perpetuate the team) through candidate evaluations, conducting interviews and collaborating on staffing decisions
* Resolve conflicts that arise between employees and/or customers
* Establish priorities, delegate work and hold self and team accountable for attaining high quality results
* Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
* Ensure communication with customers is efficient, effective and timely.
* Ensure Collections Representatives have access to current customer information.
* Support the workforce management function by ensuring Collections Representatives adhere to the daily dialer schedule.
* Maintain knowledge of compliance mandates, mortgage servicing policy and procedural updates and investor specific guidelines and related changes in the mortgage servicing industry.
* Ensure team is properly trained in handling mortgage delinquencies, loss mitigation, foreclosure and bankruptcy
* Support the development and maintenance of procedural and operational materials.
* Collaborate with various departments within mortgage servicing to ensure resolution of outstanding customer issues.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* College degree preferred
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in collections, customer service or other customer/client interfacing role required
* Experience in a leadership capacity preferred
* Experience in mortgage default preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
* Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
* Knowledge of regulatory, investor and legal guidelines
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* No travel required
* Position maintains exempt status. Hours worked as required.
* Supervisors oversee two shifts
o 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
o 12:00 pm 8:30 pm
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.