Supervisors Machine Operations 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in machining precision and complex parts by performing the following duties. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the machining unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Key Responsibilities
* Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Applies company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
* Recommends measures to improve production methods and quality of product.
* Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
* Leads & supports lean activities to improve production processes to meet cost, delivery, quality, and safety targets.
* Maintains time and production records.
* Ensures inventory of supplies meet production needs.
* Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* May perform activities of workers supervised as needed.
* Writes routine correspondence and prepares reports.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.Directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include establishing or adjusting work assignments to meet production schedules, analyzing and assisting workers in solving work related problems, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
* An Associate Degree with 2 years of precision machining experience or 6 years precision machining experience with a high school diploma (two years of directly related experience may be substituted for each year of college lacking).
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Demonstrated ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Good writing skill for routine correspondence.
* Ability to prepare and interpret routine reports.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: * A bachelor s degree in Business, Management or related field is preferred.
* Previous lead or supervisory experience in machining or manufacturing environment.
* Certificate of completion of a Machinist Operator Curriculum.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)