Supplier Master Data AP Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Supplier Master Data Specialist will support Accounts Payable in the daily processing of all new supplier setups and maintenance request in addition to processing 1099 s and 1042 s in a fast paced centralized accounting services environment providing supplier master data maintenance services across multiple divisions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitor the Supplier Master Data mail box and provide a timely and accurate response to internal customers and vendors
* Process all items from the SMD mailbox and respond to all inquiries for assistance and approvals of Echosign new vendor documents
* Work closely with external supplier data management to ensure all vendors are setup correctly for 1099 reporting
* Stay informed of any regulation changes and maintain the IRS process of preparing 1099-MISC, 1099-INT forms and 1042 forms
* Prepare 1099 and 1042 forms and mail and e-file by IRS deadlines
* Serves as a SME on tax information reporting and related requirements with ability to identify proper tax reporting classification based on W9 data as per the IRS guidelines
* Ability to interface with Corporate Accounting, Tax, Accounts Payable, Legal, Cox Divisions, and third party provider as well as management and vendors about 1099 issues
* Use the IRS TIN matching website as needed to validate vendor name/tax information
* Ensure B-notices are handled precisely as needed
* Other duties and/or special projects may be assigned to meet business needs
Expert knowledge of IRS filing requirements regarding 1099 & 1042 filings laws/regulations needed.
* Minimum 4 years of Accounts Payable processing experience
* Minimum 3 years of 1099 experience and former tax reporting
* Minimum 1 year 1042 experience
* Ability to evaluate, analyze, and prioritize data in various forms and formats
* Ability to complete tasks using internet based software
* Intermediate knowledge of proper accounting principles, practices, and procedures
* Ability to work both independently and in a team setting; be a self starter as well as be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; high attention to details
* Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook
* Strong problem solving skills with acute attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
* High School/GED required
* Oracle R12 exposure preferred
* Exposure to various AP software work flow systems
* Bachelor s degree strongly preferred
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $20 billion and more than 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access, wireless services, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Manheim, Inc. (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products); Cox Media Group, Inc. (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers, advertising sales rep firms, Valpak and Cox Digital Solutions); and AutoTrader.com (online automotive advertising and Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions subsidiaries). Additionally, Cox operates Kudzu.com. More information about Cox can be found online at www.coxenterprises.com. Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message. We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment. Interested candidates should submit their resume though Cox Career Network. Cox Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Job Level:Individual Contributor