Product Development Sourcing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlexus is a global company that values your growth and development, and knows that a successful company is built on great leaders at all levels. Plexus is a highly respected leader in the EMS industry, specializing in the mid- to low-volume, higher-complexity market.
We are looking for a highly talented individual to serve as the key bridge between our engineering/design teams and the materials/Supply Chain team. The Product Development Sourcing Manager will work closely with Engineers, Project Managers and Supply Chain to ensure design projects are delivered on time and within budget. This important collaboration in the product development process is critical to cost management and a smooth transition from design to the Commercialization phase of the Plexus Product Realization Value Stream.
Our Product Development Sourcing Managers will:
* Support Engineering and Customer Management during the planning and concept development phases of product development to provide cost estimations for custom engineered components where specifications do not yet exist, or are not yet developed to the point where Materials Costing could provide a detailed quotation.
* Ensure Bill of Material (BOM) cost remains on target during concept and functional specification phases of development. Mitigate BOM cost revisions caused by project scope changes, and make sure all stakeholders are in agreement on revised costs and/or product feature tradeoffs.
* Collaborate with commodity managers/specialists to select the appropriate sourcing strategy for the application/design requirement. Lead supplier negotiations and management of part costs. Ensure on-time completion of applicable deliverables through manufacturing transition.
* Facilitate effective supplier involvement in design for manufacturability efforts and design revision proposals. Lead collaboration between suppliers, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to ensure on-time and successful completion of tooling, product build and qualification.
The successful candidate will have the have the following skills and abilities:
* Working knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes (such as molding, metal fabrication and surface finish, machining, extrusion, die cutting, and cable assemblies) for custom mechanical products. Knowledge must include related costing (including materials costs).
* Advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills, especially in an environment of complexity, ambiguity and compressed timescales.
* Ability to influence others, within Plexus, at suppliers, and customers and able to lead both with and without formal authority in a matrixed organization.
* Strong reasoning and cognitive skills, including decision-making, conflict resolution and leadership competencies.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be able to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, quantitative analysis ability, attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills.
* Strong presentation skills and the ability to represent Plexus in a professional manner to suppliers and customers.
* Individual must meet Plexus' Values and exhibit strength in Plexus' Leadership Behaviors.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; a Bachelor's degree in business or engineering is preferred.
* Experience of 5 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 2 or more years is highly desirable.
* Experience in the processing of custom mechanical or electromechanical components is highly desirable.
* Must have working knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes and related costs (including materials costs) for custom mechanical products such as molding, metal fabrication and surface finish, machining, extrusion, die cutting, cable assemblies, etc.
* A demonstrated level of project management success is preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!