Supplier Quality Engineer- Electronics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Van Buren, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Supplier Quality Engineer (Semiconductors)
Description: Supplier Performance Engineer
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world's major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of driver information and controls, audio and infotainment, and domain controllers; its brands include LightScape , OpenAir and SmartCore . With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Michigan, (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; Visteon has more than 12,000 employees at 50 facilities in 21 countries. Visteon had sales of $7.51 billion in 2014. Learn more at www.visteon.com. Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
We aspire to be the best in the world at partnering with our customers to provide innovative, high-quality products that deliver exceptional value.
Supplier Performance Engineer
* Global lead in supplier quality for active and passive electronic components.
* Ensure all phases of the APQP process are completed and are delivered on-time.
* Work with engineering, purchasing and program management to find creative solutions to constraints.
* Monitoring company supply base performance to achieve quality objectives.
* The Supplier Quality Engineer is accountable for fulfilling the quality related deliverables in accordance with company procedures.
* Support the program launch for any supplier quality concerns from development phase to End of Life (EOL)
* Manage supplier process and equipment readiness for the program launch
* Perform Process / Tooling Run@Rate at the suppliers' location
* Review and audit suppliers manufacturing and related Quality Planning documents (e.g. FMEA, Control Plan, Process Flow, Manufacturing, Material Certificates per Engineering Specification, PPAP)
* Promote quality tools (Problem Solving Document, 8D, 5-Why, etc.)
* Responsible to manage suppliers fix of quality concerns in all phases of program development and production
* Communicate and negotiate with plants and suppliers
* Interface and fulfillment with Visteon plants quality items
* Review equipment and tool delivery status to ensure the quality inputs including Capacity Verification(CV), lessons learned
* Sense of urgency for implementing prevent recurrence measures with suppliers part / process
* Regular reporting of concerns towards plants, purchasing and quality structure Give training, guidance and technical support to suppliers
* Years of Experience: 3 plus years of Quality and Automotive Engineering Experience
* Degree Strongly Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Experience in Electrical Components is a plus
* Experience in the electronics automotive industry
* Trained in AIAG ISO/ TS 16949, AEC-Q100 and AEC-Q200 standards
* Application of QMS tools and techniques: APQP, FMEA, SPC, DOE, 8D, Risk assessment, Process Audit and Minitab
* Ability to interact/cooperate with people of different levels inside/outside of the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives
* Leadership skills to empower others to achieve results through motivation, recognition and performance feedback
* Ability to take actions, decisions and to generate ideas, products, processes in promised timely manner
* Ability to identify program risks in advance and to propose potential solutions
Special Requirements (i.e. overtime, travel, etc.)
* Occasional overtime or schedule flexibility required.
* Travel to the customer or supplier sites up to 20%