Supplier Quality Engineer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _Salary Range Based on qualifications. Likely $80k +._
_Fee % 12.5%_
_** This is a new search. We need a supplier quality engineer in the area or interested in the area._
_Search For: supplier quality, engineering drawings, GD&T, ASQ, CQE, ISO 9001._
Position Title Supplier Quality Engineer - MN #3304
_Likely $80k +._
Location Glenwood Minnesota
SUMMARY: The supplier quality engineer will work with company base for all product divisions and commodities to include outsourcing, electrical, hydraulic, plastics, assembly, welding, steel / aluminum, casting, forging, machining, paint and general fabrication. The supplier quality engineer works collaboratively with purchasing, quality and design engineering to support product development and ongoing supplier management. Up to 25% travel is required to domestic and international suppliers and facilities.
* Participates in APQP activities with suppliers and internal company resources including design reviews, PFMEA, DMFEA and control plans
* Coordinates PPAP activities with suppliers and internal quality resources
* Plans and coordinates receiving inspection of purchased goods through quality resources
* Responsible for establishing and monitoring data collection methods and disseminating resulting data for the purpose of supplier score cards, supplier selection and supplier improvement
* Performs / participates in supplier surveillance activities including initial site evaluations and audits
* Directs and analyzes process capability analysis
* Manages and directs corrective actions against supplier nonconformance, including leadership on root cause analysis
* Coordinates responses to supplied product nonconformance
* Leads limited supplier development activities
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE): Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field is required with 3 or more years of related experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: ASQ CQE desirable but not required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED: Consummate understanding of manufacturing methods, processes and tools in a broad range of related industries. Ability to understand and interpret weld, mechanical, electrical and hydraulicengineering drawings as well as a functioning understanding of GD&T are required. Working knowledge of ISO9001 a plus.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IN ENGINEERING RELATED FIELD.
2. 3+ YEARS OF SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE.
3. ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND AND INTERPRET WELD, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL AND HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING DRAWINGS AS WELL AS A FUNCTIONING UNDERSTANDING OF GD&T ARE REQUIRED.
4. ASQ OR CQE CERTIFICATION DESIRED.
5. WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ISO 9001 A PLUS.
6. SALARY EXPECTATIONS