Supplier Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Group presentation
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
Components Technology - Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
Ensures the quality of incoming supplier components. Prevents supplier defects from reaching Bisltein or customer assembly processes. Assists suppliers in the development, control and documentation of new processes. Plans effective receiving inspection activities.
Visits supplier sites as required to:
* Manage the advanced quality planning activities
* Manage problem investigation & countermeasure activities
* Conduct process audits
* Identify and document key product & process characteristics
* Assure implementation of necessary controls for supplier processes
* Assess the application of quality checks within suppliers' production processes
* Develop and improve internal receiving inspections & tests
* Analyze and resolve chronic supplier quality problems
* Assures containment of supplier quality problems and implement effective corrective actions
* Manage problem countermeasures with appropriate problem solving tools
* Controls the PPAP sample submittal and approval process from suppliers
* Helps suppliers design and analyze experiments for improvement
* Conducts occasional quality training internally or at supplier locations
* Develops problematic suppliers
* Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline along with 3 years in Automotive (or equivalent experience)
* Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes (turning, stamping, forging, etc.)
* APQP (PFD, Control Plans, PFMEA,PPAP)
* Blueprint and GD&T skills
* Functional SPC ability and using MiniTab
* Problem solving and corrective action experience
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Inspection experience a plus
* Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.