Supplier Quality Engineer 9/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
The key responsibilities of this position is to develop and drive continuous improvement of supplier quality , capture corrective and preventative actions, drive process improvements through internal plants as well as through external suppliers, perform supplier audits (as necessary), and assist in the supplier qualification and validation process. This position will also support product/process changes to meet customer requirements and act as Quality Liaison for the customer.
Other responsibilities include developing and strengthening the programs and procedures for qualifying, analyzing, reporting and monitoring supplier performance. You will be responsible for the measuring, monitoring and management of the end product quality from suppliers/contractors. Complete supplier audits; follow up on supplier corrective actions, develop inspection test methods and fixtures as required. Expected outcomes would include contributing to improvement in the quality KPI s and the business cost reduction targets.
Assist the Program Quality Engineer(s) as required.
* Identify, plan and implement Supplier Continuous Improvement activities through Value Analysis/Value Engineering, Kaizen, Lean Deployment and/or Six Sigma methodologies
* Approve supplier process changes within assigned commodities and initiating/tracking Supplier Development activities
* Conduct Supplier Quality Training at supplier s facilities to meet client s and/or customer s specific quality expectations/requirements
* Conducting Supplier Audits of Implemented Corrective Actions Plans, S.C. s and SPC Charts . Assist in the conduct of plant internal audits.
* Evaluate suppliers to ensure that capabilities and systems align with Customer requirements.
* Lead Supplier Audits to ensure conformity to contractual requirements as well as Quality System Compliance.
* Utilize the Supplier Corrective and Preventive Action (SCAR) program to ensure suppliers meet performance requirements in quality and service throughout the product life-cycle.
* Assure supplier compliance to regulatory requirements through management of metrics to monitor performance.
* Coach and support suppliers in effective root cause analysis, problem solving and implementation of corrective actions.
* 5+ years as a Supplier Quality Engineer; preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or additional equivalent experience.
* Knowledgeable in medical device Quality System Requirements with experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, including quality assurance, investigation, problem solving, corrective action principles and practices is desired. Experience in Manufacturing Process Validation a plus. Experience with TS16949 a plus.
* Must have supplier quality / qualification experience in a demanding fast paced environment
* Knowledge/experience in manufacturing problem solving (8-D Methodology)
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers and suppliers
* Strong experience with Windows SW Tools (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint,etc.)
* Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
* ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt highly desired.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.