Supplier Quality Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
Buffalo Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Overview
The Supplier Quality role is responsible as the key liaison between operations, suppliers, and the customer, ensuring that overall specifications, quality/regulatory requirements, and expectations are met for all purchased product.
* Responsible to ensure part qualification and evaluation activities (both prototype and sustaining manufacturing) resulting in acceptable and consistent supply. Includes external activities (establishing part quality requirements) and internal activities (sampling plans, inspection processes, etc)
* Ability to execute supplier audit activities related to both validation and on-going management of quality execution capabilities
* Monitoring supplier quality performance based on analysis of Plexus and supplier performance data
* Lead problem part resolution through all phases of operations
* Responsible for leading supplier corrective action and continuous improvement activities
* Support containment, segregation, NCM review, and trend analysis processes activities relative to supplied parts
* Support overall site Quality Management System through metrics, auditing etc
* Facilitate reporting and notifying suppliers of cost-recovery requirements resulting from teh need to contain, segregate or handle non-conforming parts
* Support alternative supplier selection
* Mentor and support RI activities and process effectiveness
* Participates in customer-facing supplier quality activities
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 5-10%)
* Additional duties as assigned by management
Skills & Abilities
* Proficient working knowledge of quality systems and tools for supplier interaction (process capability, FMEA, DOE, etc.)
* Proficient working knowledge of manufacturing process standards (IPC, etc.)
* Proficient presentation skills
* Proficient data analysis skills
* Self-management capabilities
* Ability to lead and multi-task in a dynamic environment
* Ability to lead Failure Analysis
Education & Experience
* A minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar field is preferred
* Experience of 3 years is required for this position, assuming requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable.
* ASQ Certification Preferred
* Broad understanding of manufaturing technologies and processes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
At Plexus, people are our most valuable asset.
Our culture is built upon our core values of passion, accountability, customer focus and teamwork. We strongly believe the success of our employees and business depends on our adherence to these values, and we take this responsibility seriously. Our employees embody our core values and bring unmatched industry experience, talent and drive to our customers. We encourage our employees to take ownership of their work experience and their future career path. If you are interested in working for a company that can provide you with unmatched experience and global opportunities, Plexus is the place for you.
Plexus is The Product Realization Company
Plexus uses a unique Product Realization service model to transform our customers concepts into branded products and deliver them to their end, target markets. We tailor innovative solutions that integrate product conceptualization, design, commercialization, manufacturing, fulfillment and sustaining services. Whether our customers operate in the Americas, Europe, the Asia Pacific region or worldwide, Plexus delivers turnkey solutions to make any project a success.
Discover why more than 9,500 dedicated employees choose Plexus as their employer.