Supplier Quality Engineer II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Arden Hills, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MN-Arden Hills
REQUISITION ID: 285293
The Supplier Quality Engineer II will play a key part in leading performance improvement of suppliers and increasing the supplier's capabilities to consistently meet Boston Scientific's requirements. Additionally, the Supplier Quality Engineer will support global sourcing, manufacturing operations, and global quality systems by participating in global communities of practice and value improvement projects. The Rhythm Management Supplier Quality Engineering team is looking for high energy, driven, passionate people, looking to not just change jobs, but start an amazing career!
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Rhythm Management (RM) we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms and heart failure, and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. In addition, we offer solutions with 3D Mapping and Navigation systems, Radiofrequency Ablation Catheters, Diagnostic Catheters, EP recording systems, and Intracardiac Access Sheaths. Boston Scientific develops, manufactures, and markets a broad array of products and services that enable less-invasive care for some of the most threatening cardiac conditions. We've been expanding indications and conducting pivotal research for nearly 20 years, resulting in increased access to the lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits of ICD and CRT therapies.
Drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers. Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers. Develops acceptance criteria for materials. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
- Assess suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
- Plans and organizes non-routine tasks with approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
- Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. Interacts with suppliers. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy. Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- BS degree in Engineering with minimum 2 - 4 years related experience or MS degree with 0 - 2 years related experience
- Experience with or lead auditor certification to ISO13485, 9001, TS16949 standards
- Experience with auditing supplier quality systems
- Experience in working with mechanical or electrical component suppliers
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Arden Hills||(n/a)||Quality||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Quality