Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
Position ID: req4911
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Quality
Location: Plant, Memphis, 3231 Paul R Lowry Road, Memphis, TN 38109 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/31/2016
This individual will support the overall Quality Management System, support all local Supplier Quality Engineering activities. Additionally, working with Purchasing, Supplier Development, Engineering Design and Quality, the individual will be responsible for driving the improvement of suppliers processes and quality systems. The responsible person and their team will track and monitor supplier quality performance, drive corrective actions and report on supplier audits including any non-conformances. This person is required to provide direct and indirect leadership, work cross functionally, lead both internal and external supplier teams and have a demonstrated knowledge of quality systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Understand, communicate and work within Electrolux methodologies and policies
* Coordinates and leads supplier process verification activities, ensures engineering design records and specification requirements through PPAP processes, and supplier quality system audits
* Leads process improvement efforts with suppliers using quality system tools and procedures to drive process based quality improvements. Leverage statistical tools for evaluation of process capability of critical-to-quality parameters
* Establishes a close working relationship with suppliers to assure open and honest communication to resolve or anticipate quality concerns
* Interfaces with design engineers and manufacturing engineers to qualify new product/processes, problem solving, buy-in and support of new supplier processes
* Participates as a leader/team member of Lean Manufacturing, 5s, Six Sigma and Kaizen initiatives and develop if needed, projects on multi-disciplinary teams for corrective and preventive action in conjunction with suppliers
* Evaluates and improves supplier process control plans, PFMEAs and statistical process controls and methods to monitor critical-to-quality processes
* Provides training to Electrolux personnel on QSI system usage, GSQA, standardized quality systems audits and PPAP processes
* Works with Purchasing to collect data to support supplier reviews
* Develops supplier quality engineering plans for new product, product/supplier introductions and ensures supplier preparation, readiness and ability to meet engineering design requirements for relevant new business.
* Performs additional duties as assigned
* BS, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in the Quality or Engineering professions with directly related experience working in the supplier quality engineering field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Result driven and action oriented
* Ability to lead
* Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to write reports and procedure manuals, as well as to effectively present information
* Ability to effectively utilize application software, word processing, spreadsheets and specialized application software packages
* Team player
* Appliance product experience a plus
* Self-starter, ethical and highly motivated
* Willing to travel as required
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2013 Electrolux had sales of $15.1 billion and 61,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
Electrolux is a leading provider in the North American appliance market, and Electrolux Major Appliances North America is our second-largest business sector. With 14,000 people across North America, we have a solid understanding of American consumers needs and desires that allows us to provide innovative, thoughtfully designed products that help consumers create the well-lived homes they desire.