Supplier Quality Engineer 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Work with DCO cross functional Teams and DCO suppliers to drive improvements in cost, quality, and delivery within the DCO supplier base.
* Responsible for the management of all supplier quality programs, including supplier audit program (in conjunction with compliance) and certification, supplier risk assessment and mitigation, on-going supplier monitoring and reporting, etc.
* In conjunction with respective Ducommun manufacturing and quality teams, lead supplier quality escape root cause and corrective actions with supplier by applying DCO CAB process.
* Responsible for Supplier COPQ records and chargebacks by working with the supply chain management team.
* Lead supplier development and qualification - manufacturing process control, engineering capability, capacity confirmation & certification; support commodity strategy development and execution.
* Lead supplier prototype sample and first mass production qualification and approval (First Article) according to DCO Q-codes.
* Lead and work with supplier on Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) as required.
Participate in new program and production development. Review drawings, specifications, customer PO's and other related documents for inspection requirements to flow to suppliers. Work with supplier for DFMEA and PFMEA requirement and capability.
Lead supplier audits to ensure compliance with ISO, AS, NADCAP and other key regulatory standards.
Conducts detailed, periodic process, quality system and cost structure reviews at selected suppliers.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Broad knowledge of various quality management tools, including but not limited to SPC and Six-Sigma principles.
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated hands-on approach and an ability to build and maintain strong effective business relationships in a team-based environment.
* Intermediate level of computer skills in email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
* BA / BS/BE in Engineering, Materials and Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 2 years experience in aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment.
* 5+ years direct experience in supplier quality, supply chain quality management, and/or manufacturing quality engineering in driving proactive supply and quality activities in improving on-time delivery, quality performance, and successful implementation of systemic root cause corrective actions
* Working knowledge of SPC, TQM, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, in one or more recognized Quality Management System standards (ISO 9001, AS 9100, ISO 13485, TS 16949, TL 9100).
* Working knowledge in the development and deployment of lean manufacturing practices to include value stream mapping, 5S, Kaizen (CIP) activity and waste reduction.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.
* ASQ Certified Green Belt/Black Belt or equivalent recognized certification is preferred
* ASQ Certified Quality Auditor is preferred
* RABQSA/ICRA ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor is preferred