Supplier Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs part of Integrated Service offering in the Bay Area, our Sanmina San Jose, California facility partners with some of the world s most innovative high-technology companies to produce advanced PCBAs and complex systems. We provide a full range of New Product Introduction (NPI), manufacturing and test services to companies in the communications and networking, computing and storage, medical, industrial, semi-conductor and clean technology sectors.
We are looking for "Supplier Quality Engineer" to join our San Jose facility.
The key responsibilities of this position is to develop and drive continuous improvement of supplier quality , capture corrective and preventative actions, drive process improvements through internal plants as well as through external suppliers, perform supplier audits (as necessary), and assist in the supplier qualification and validation process. This position will also support product/process changes to meet customer requirements and act as Quality Liaison for the customer.
Other responsibilities include developing and strengthening the programs and procedures for qualifying, analyzing, reporting and monitoring supplier performance. You will be responsible for the measuring, monitoring and management of the end product quality from suppliers/contractors. Complete supplier audits; follow up on supplier corrective actions, develop inspection test methods and fixtures as required. Expected outcomes would include contributing to improvement in the quality KPI s and the business cost reduction targets.
Assist the Program Quality Engineer(s) as required.
Technical expert on resolution of component issues such as:
-Mechanical parts (Metal punch, stamped, machined)
-Material finish (Plating, paint, coating)
-Electronic components (passive and active)
-Complex Electronic components QPF, BGA, Micro BGA
-Cable and Cable harnesses
* 5+ years as a Supplier Quality Engineer; preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or additional equivalent experience.
* Knowledgeable in medical device Quality System Requirements with experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, including quality assurance, investigation, problem solving, corrective action principles and practices is desired. Experience in Manufacturing Process Validation a plus.
* Must have supplier quality / qualification experience in a demanding fast paced environment
* Knowledge/experience in manufacturing problem solving (8-D Methodology)
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers and suppliers
* Strong experience with Windows SW Tools (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint,etc.)
* Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
* ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt highly desired.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.