Supplier Relationship Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSITUATION OVERVIEW
The Supplier Relationship Manager is a key role in this solutions oriented industrial gasses organization. The Supplier Relationship Manager is responsible for building a network of suppliers to deliver gases, equipment, hard goods, and other services to the market segments. They will also manage the supply network on behalf of clients, analyze and supervise the transport of materials and inventory, and negotiate price and delivery of materials to produce cost savings. This position requires that you assess the entire flow of goods and materials to ensure efficient delivery, quality goods, and on-time delivery of these goods.
* Build a network of local, regional, and national suppliers to service the needs of the market.
* Work directly with clients in streamlining and combining people, processes, technology, and to improve operational effectiveness, lower costs, reduce redundancy, and lower risks.
* Optimize the supply networks to ensure our Clients have the best available service.
* Build relationships with vendors that create a mutually beneficial relationship.
* Focus on improving the cost of goods sold for given product line.
* Together with Business Development, lead the process of conducting an audit process for new prospects with the goal of building new business.
* On-call about one week every other month for after-hours emergency needs.
* Bachelors' degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other related discipline.
* 5+ years' experience in contract negotiation and supplier management.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Strong analytical skills including advance knowledge of Excel and database management.
* Ability to negotiate mutually beneficial contracts.
* Willing to travel 25% of the time.