Supplier Technical Assistant - Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
ThyssenKrupp Presta North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Group presentation
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
thyssenkrupp Presta North America is a global leader in automotive components technology and the leading steering systems supplier for the automotive industry. thyssenkrupp Presta North America provides the industry with high-quality manual and electric steering columns, rack and pinion steering gears, and electric power assisted steering gears. thyssenkrupp Presta North America is part of the thyssenkrupp Presta AG group, headquartered in Eschen, Liechtenstein. In 2003, our manufacturing facility was established in the South Industrial Park of Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning with just one assembly line, a handful of employees and 58,000 square feet, the company has grown to over 450 employees and 224,000 square feet. In addition, we have an office on northeast side of Indianapolis where the Procurement and Supplier Development Department, Business Development and Product Engineering are now located. We have a third location in Troy, Michigan which houses our Sales Engineering, Logistics Distribution Center for USA, and Customer Resident Engineering.
Manufacturing Engineer (m/w) for the position of Supplier Quality Management, planning, development, coordination and monitoring of all supplier activities from nomination to start of production according to TKT-Presta Group and customer specific requirements with the expectations of reducing quality costs attributed to poor supplier quality, successful program launches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All identified duties and responsibilities are considered for North America Region.
* Ensure the continuous improvement of product and fabrication processes providing technical assistance on the specific commodity knowledge as required.
* Cooperate with the Engineering, Procurement and Quality department to support new program launches.
* Project tracking and management for purchased components from nomination to start of production at the supplier.
* Perform initial sampling releases and process readiness audits at the suppliers.
* Ensure escalation of inconsistences during project tracking is performed and manages this escalation accordingly.
* Supports serial production supplier escalation when required by the complexity of the problem.
* Formal technical education(preferred BS in Mechanical Engineering) and some years professional experience in manufacturing engineering.
* Ideally, professional experience as a product or process specialist (manufacturing engineer) in a sheet metal processing production plant, preferably in the automotive industry
* Experience in the usage of the quality tools in the Automotive industry is desired.
* Knowledge of the industry standards such as VDA 6.1, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO/TS 16949 is desired.
* Interest in a position with multi-cultural experience
* Willingness to travel 50% with in the NAFTA Region
* Spanish or German as foreign language desired.
* High social competence .
* Good communication skills, analytical and systematic way of working
Scope of Commodities:
* Sheet metal and welding assemblies (TIG/MIG/MAG/Lasser)
* Casting and molding (plastics, light weight alloys, MIM, rubber)
* Powder metal
* Machining (Turn and mill)
* Electromechanical assemblies and electronic components
* Cold drawing tubes
* Platings and heat treatment
* Generalist (Fasteners and seconday operations)
Education and/or Experience:
* 5-Year Bachelor's Degree from college or university preferred.
* Experience in manufacturing engineering field preferred
* Experience in use of Quality tools
* Good GD&T Knowledge is required
Computer and Technology Skills:
To perform this job successfully, Use of Microsoft Office Suites software.
Our offer to you
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
thyssenkrupp Presta North America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.