Supply Chain Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Supply chain Analyst
LOCATION: Atlanta GA
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for achieving a national inventory strategy which supports corporate sales, market share, inventory turnover and service level goals by attaining optimal inventory levels at the Parts Distribution Centers (PDC's), negotiating timely resolutions of constraints such as back-orders and late purchase orders, meeting all quality/campaign targets and analyzing the supply chain for alternate distribution paradigms. The incumbent actively procures constraint parts and provides necessary availability and delivery information to Parts Assistance Center (PAC) for Dealers and Field organization.
* Reviews parts availability based on demand and determine volumes, value and stocking locations for parts replenishment and maintenance of an inventory that will achieve such key performance index targets as service level, turns goals and inventory level (value) for each assigned parts group
* Exemplify "SMART" stocking strategy and make decisions in line with material matrix
* Solid understanding and utilization of Supply Chain Principals
* Negotiates and establishes delivery plans to ensure parts availability of nationwide critical vendor back-orders, modification and campaign parts, initial stock orders and critical VPC orders. Updates the delivery commitment information from Vendors for Dealers and Field organization
* Track and Report vendor service level performance referenced in contract
* Ensures all retail back-orders are adequately addressed with supplier orders and reconciled with PAC and/or Parts Technical. Initiate special procurement process and escalates critical back orders to vendors to avoid buy back situation and/or customer dissatisfaction
* Root Cause analysis on specific parts which lead to proposing alternative suppliers
* Ensures proper order management, taking into consideration vendor lead times, in transit inventory. Determines the best mode of transportation to be utilized in the procurement of inventory, ensuring that logistics costs are optimized and highest possible profit margin is attained.
* Manage daily order volumes and report on root cause behind deviations
* Work with i2 and planners to advise of any changes or conflict to daily schedule
* Monitors proposed vs. ordered lines and recommends safety stock and order frequency changes
* Ensures accurate and responsive forecasting and precise scheduling of specific assigned parts group orders for DAG, domestic vendors (exchange engines and transmissions, seasonal items, initial parts, new parts, etc.). Reviews forecast exceptions and makes appropriate adjustments to facilitate proper reordering and replenishment.
* In depth understanding of forecasting techniques and inputs make recommendations for improvements in overall forecast
* Analyze back-order trends and roots causes (retailer data entry errors, lead-time delays, parts substitutions, forecast / planning inaccuracies, etc.) and recommends inventory parameter changes accordingly
* Subject Matter Expert for all planning functions with ability to lead discussion and serve as key point of contact for planner processes and systems
* Weekly reporting of open issues and status to SCM Business unit
* Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management required
* 2-5 years of experience in integrated supply chain management (ISCM), finance, automotive, processing, purchasing, part & accessories, vendor management, finance and business (as many of these areas as possible-ISCM required at a minimum
* Experience in JDA and SAP required
* Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
* Travel domestically