Supply Chain Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAn opportunity for a highly detailed and analytical Supply Chain Analyst to support the purchase of materials and supplies, as well as import tools into foreign countries. Manage monthly production requirements for products that are manufactured or assembled internationally. There will be a heavy emphasis on coordinating shipping logistics with vendors, monitoring inventory levels, and recommending ways to streamline processes.
* Manage purchasing and supply chain logistics for foreign country manufacturing.
* Purchase of materials and supplies in conjunction with the Operations Supply Chain department, including:
* Managing the procurement and shipping/logistics of tools and equipment importation from the US to other countries. Coordination with freight forwarders, customs, etc.
* Supporting vendor procurement and importation of sub-component parts, as needed, from foreign countries.
* Supporting vendor procurement of packaging materials.
* Trace, track, and expedite purchase processes to ensure timely delivery of goods.
* Negotiate transportation rates or services and audit freight cost and documentation.
* Resolve problems concerning transportation, systems, imports/exports, or customer issues.
* Develop and manage effective relationships with suppliers.
* Manage sales order and finished goods timing from shipment from company or vendor to arrival at end customer.
* Handle all order/purchasing management in SAP ERP system
* Issue RFQs to suppliers for new product manufacturing in foreign countries and drive initial vendor response analysis.
* Handle ERP administration for new vendors and/or products produced in foreign countries
* Develop and manage foreign country commodity strategies and tactical plans.
* Identify cost reduction opportunities and initiate projects; focus aimed at supplier consolidation, make/buy analytics, alternate supplier canvassing/development/qualification, champions LCC sourcing efforts.
* Reconcile inventory and invoices for the purpose of identifying discrepancies.
* Perform root cause analysis for stock outs, missed deliveries and non-conforming product to proactively drive permanent solutions and processes.
* Verify purchasing practices comply with established laws, policies and ethical principles.
* Follow, maintain and enforce ISO standards and all compliance requirements.
* Analyze vendor ratings based on Quality, Service, and Delivery.
* Identify supply risk and provide potential solutions and mitigation plans.
* Process key customers' orders, forms, and requests within specified timeframes.
* Warehousing and returns management logistics functions in foreign countries
* Vendor Management coordination, administration, problem solving, inventory accuracy.
* Identify excess and obsolete inventory and recommend disposition.
* Foreign country Supply Chain Management--coordinating with Operations Supply Chain (buyers, demand planner), IT systems, shipping/receiving operations.
* Develop and administer programs to determine the most cost advantageous and economical methods of shipment for company products.
* Returns Process Management--coordination with internal Quality Department, Retail Customer Distribution Centers for inbound returns processing, direct 3rd party logistics service provider returns management compile the key data for periodic review; monitor Logistics Service Provider's performance.
* Actively support commitment to Quality and all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or 3-5 years equivalent experience in supply chain logistics and/or international purchasing.
* In-depth knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices in a manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of warehousing, transportation and inventory management preferred.
* Knowledge of cross-border transportation regulations and customs / duty implications
* APICS, CPIM and/or purchasing certificate preferred.
* International trade/transportation/customs experience preferred.
* Bi-lingual English/Spanish highly preferred
* Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must possess excellent analytical, organizational skills, professional phone etiquette, and knowledge of Accounting Principles.
* Must be proficient and have direct experience with ERP systems. SAP experience a plus.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be available to travel within and outside of the continental US, with or without advanced notice.