Supply Chain Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPerform complex data analysis, recommending action based on insights gained from the analysis. Lead process engineering projects and initiatives, analyzing existing processes and leading improvement initiatives based on data analysis to strengthen VWR current capabilities. Support data analysis to identify relevant sources of data to construct metrics and dashboards, and assist in the development and delivery of advanced supply chain analysis. Support predictive modeling geared towards providing early warnings of positive or negative trends in specific areas of the supply chain. Facilitate process improvements across the Supply Chain to more cost effectively meet customer requirements. The Operations department consists of Customer Service, Planning & Procurement, Marketsource, Quality, Warehouse and Transportation sub departments. Support complex data analysis and ad-hoc reporting, summarizing and presenting data in meaningful way to all levels of the organization.
* Perform complex data analysis from a variety of sources with a strong emphasis on providing actionable insights.
* Identify new techniques and trends related to data analysis and reporting.
* Drive innovation and experimentation to find new best practices across the supply chain.
* Perform complex network modeling/ business simulations development.
* Establish key metrics to measure Supply Chain performance; including but not limited to Supplier scorecards, Marketsource performance, stocking and sku profitability, etc.
* Production and distribution of daily, weekly, and monthly reports and dashboards.
* Serve as an internal subject matter expert on the reporting tools and metrics employed .
* Serve as technical expert on SAP and SAP APO data sources to facilitate reporting using QlikView.
* Investigate processes to identify areas of opportunity and then make recommendations that facilitate improvement.
* Develop metrics, that measures existing processes with the aim of
* presenting this information to customers, both internal and/or external
* facilitating improvements in existing processes
* Create robust processes to eliminate or dramatically reduce defects
* Work with Coimbatore support staff and continue to build their capabilities to support increasingly complex requirements.
* Provide guidance and support to Supply Chain Analysts. May lead Analysts in process improvement projects.
Experience & Skills:
* Extensive Knowledge of Supply Chain Management is required
* Must have strong analytical skills including advanced use of MS Access, Excel. SQL and programming in VBA or similar languages would be an advantage.
* Able to interpret complex data to all levels of the organization
* Able to apply Six Sigma techniques for structured problem solving and process improvements
* Ability to teach and transfer skills to team members and general audiences
* Ability to interact and communicate complex concepts with all levels of the organization
* Possesses strong knowledge of process mapping
* Strong analytical abilities.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong multi-tasking skills
* Bachelors Degree (Supply Chain, Computer Science/ Math preferred) with 5-8+ years of experience OR an advanced degree with slightly less years of experience and/or sufficient prior VWR experience is required
* Extensive knowledge of Supply Chain Management is required
* Must have strong analytical skills including advanced use of MS Access and Excel. SQL and programming in VBA or similar languages would be an advantage.
* Experience with SAP is desirable
* Six Sigma certification or other formal problem solving skills highly desirable.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* While examining the processes at a warehouse, associate could be exposed to an industrial environment; i.e. the associate may work near loud moving mechanical machinery and maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit www.vwrjobs.com.
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com.