Supply Chain Analytics Manager 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
As the Supply Chain Analytics Manager, you will lead the implementation of advanced analytics in both strategic decision making and operational business processes. Your scope includes Warehousing, Transportation, Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Manufacturing, Sourcing and other functional areas across the organization. Common initiatives include participating in the identification of solutions for Supply Chain network design and optimization; manufacturing asset optimization; strategic alliance distribution networks; inventory optimization; capacity planning; demand planning; advanced forecasting techniques; customer and market segmentation; promotions/features optimization. To do this, you will leverage industry leading tools in the areas of inventory optimization, discrete and/or non-discrete simulation, linear and mixed integer programming, statistics, machine learning and visualization.
You will also have accountability for leading the Analytics 3+ year Roadmap and defining annual Priorities for your US and Mumbai teams. You will advance the business benefits of analytics by researching and developing innovative solutions with proven Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, and Statistical methodologies.
Your success will depend upon: strong business relationships across functional areas within the Supply Chain, Sales and Finance organizations, in the US and globally; your ability to deliver presentations on analytics to executive level leaders; and leading the effectiveness of your teams.
* Ensuring solutions meet organizational priorities, project delivery dates, resource effectiveness and team learning and development goals.
* Supervising the analytical methods, people, processes and technology requirements of the all projects (50+ concurrent) -- communicating business issues, scope, key assumptions, technique, model development and execution, results and interpretation, final recommendations, and implementation strategies.
* Managing a team of 5-7 Analytics Consultants, including on-going guidance and direction to the team, prioritizing and balancing workloads and timelines, assigning resources to key projects/initiatives, and assessing and delivering performance appraisals
* Providing direction, coaching, and mentoring to the Mumbai Supply Chain Analytics Team, including Managers, Assistant Managers and Analytics Consultants, including education on the application of analytics methodologies in the North American business environment.
EDUCATION: Master's degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
EXPERIENCE: 8-10+ years
* 3-5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Engineering, Supply Chain or Management Consulting, or a related field.
* 3-5+ years of experience with each of the following:
* Applying mathematical modeling methods, including Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Programming, Simulation and Statistical Methods to provide solutions to complex business questions;
* Reviewing and analyzing Supply Chain and Sales data and assumptions to support accurate representation of the operational environment in the mathematically defined model;
* Facilitating and leading cross-functional (Marketing, Sales, Finance and Supply Chain) project teams on project scope
* Hands-on presentation experience, including preparing and giving supply chain analytics presentations to executive-level leaders in Fortune 100+ companies.
* Experience with the Physical and Information Flow Processes of multiple core areas in Supply Chain, such as Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Warehousing, and Transportation.
* Utilizing commercial modeling applications that leverage the methodologies of Simulation, Statistics, and Optimization
Position requires limited U.S. and international travel (approx. 20% of time), which includes travel to India every 1-2 years.