Supply Chain Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR
The SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR leads the Supply Chain function for the Meggitt Control Systems, North Hollywood site. Defines and manages commodity strategies and sourcing decisions, while ensuring business supply requirements are satisfied. Ensures procurement procedures are in compliance with government laws and regulations, and management objectives.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Leads the North Hollywood site Supply Chain function including procurement, estimating, planning, inventory management, shipping/receiving, logistics, and SIOP (sales, inventory, operations planning) process.
* Develop, implement and report on inventory reduction strategies.
* Manages and reports on KPI metrics for working capital and inventory control.
* Defines and manages the commodity strategies and sourcing decisions, while ensuring the successful management and enhancement of the business's supply chain.
* Develops and implements procurement strategy plan; identifies potential cost savings and oversees budget, while ensuring compliance with government laws and regulations (domestic/international).
* Reduces overall supply risk though contingency planning and understanding of supplier capabilities, disaster preparedness, and financial health.
* Develops and improves overall supplier and supply base capabilities.
* Tracks, forecasts, and manages changing global markets and geo-political environments.
* Identifies needs and potential suppliers, solicits bids and review bids then selects suppliers.
* Negotiates and awards contracts, approves payments to suppliers while maintaining vendor relationships.
* Supports continuous improvement activities across the entire supply chain including development and implementation of appropriate measures of performance.
* Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs.
* Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience: 10 - 15 years of relevant experience. Aerospace industry experience highly preferred.
* Solid knowledge of supply chain and procurement best practices (e.g., Kanban, point of use supplier delivery, quick-turn manufacturing supply chain, vendor and inventory management optimization) and experience in managing a broad range of commodities in a global sourcing environment.
* Excellent leadership and project management skills to manage multi-disciplined teams, drive consensus, and coordinate implementation of complex enterprise-wide projects, in a timely and effective manner
* Past success managing in a matrix organization and collaborating with functional stakeholders including Engineering, Quality, Finance, Program Management, Operations, Manufacturing, Order Fulfillment, and Human Resources.
* Experience selecting, managing, coaching and developing a team of direct reports.
* Ability to develop, manage, and execute procurement strategies that drive financial and operational performance across sub-functions of Supply Chain.
* In-depth understanding of contracts, compliance and government laws (domestic/international) relating
to procurement functions.
* Capable of directing the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems, while applying advanced analytical thought and judgment.
* Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience; excellent interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.