Supply Chain Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMust come out of the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Food industry. Can live in Phoenix, AZ or Minneapolis, MN.
This individual develops and implements supply chain strategies and innovative solutions which support business growth, customer satisfaction, cost management, and overall supply chain objectives for product availability, delivery performance, forecast accuracy, inventory, scrap/obsolescence and freight. This position works closely with the Leadership Staff, Operations Excellence, Field Inventory team, otherinternal cross-functional partners, as well as external parties to implement new supply chain models. A key and preliminary area of focus for this role is to develop and implement inventory strategies and models by working with external parties to reduce inventoryinvestment. Subsequent areas of focus include, but are not limited to: developing new models for service (product availability, delivery performance and perfect order); planning systems, tools and analytics enhancement; and overall supply chain cost optimization.
* Lead strategy efforts
* Deliver multi-year strategy that supports business growth, customer satisfaction, cost management, and overall supply chain objectives for product availability, delivery performance, forecast accuracy, inventory, scrap/obsolescence and freight
* Develop, sponsor and lead key initiatives and programs that enable the strategy
* Partner with Inventory Program Manager to develop Global multi-year inventory optimization strategy that enables year-over-year improvement in inventory weeks/turns across value stream (Raw, WIP, FG)
* Transform distribution models
* Lead initiative and bring forward a strategy, implementation plan and overall responsibility to drive the change
* Develop and implement new business model for accessories portfolio to reduce inventory investment
* Partner with the Field Inventory team, OpEx, Supply Management, IT, Tax, Trade Compliance and Regions to develop and implement innovative inventory models with external parties
* Communicate and influence at all levels of the organization, including top executives and outside the organization to achieve alignment with key stakeholders
* Passionately drive process excellence visibility and awareness across the businesses
DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
* Master's Degree (prefer MBA, Industrial or Systems Engineering)
12+ years in supply chain management
* Proven track record in transformation of distribution models in other organizations
* Strong supply chain and business acumen, including experience with SIOP (S&OP)
* Significant End-to-end supply chain experience
* Demonstrated ability to develop, shape and implement strategies across a business.
* Ability to lead, energize and influence change efforts at all levels of a complex, matrix organization with track record of delivering results
* Green Belt, Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certification
* Excellent decision-making skills, taking into account all relevant factors and stakeholders
* Experience in the medical device or other regulated industry
* Required to travel up to ~30% if in MN/50% if in AZ