Supply Chain Finance Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville is currently looking to hire a Supply Chain Analyst. The Supply Chain Analyst provides ongoing financial analysis support and reporting to management on inflation/deflation reporting for Direct Materials, Packaging and Energy as well as key projects for cost savings reporting for the Global Supply Chain Organization. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to analyze historical trends and price/quantity forecasts with our Commodity Managers and the businesses. Manages various Indirect Spend categories - this includes managing supplier relationships and developing Supply Agreements to ensure JM maintains a competitive manufacturing cost position.Johns Manville (JM), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, employs approximately 350 people at its downtown headquarters in areas such as finance, human resources, legal, corporate affairs, and information technology. JM has more than 40 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China. In addition, JM has technical centers in five locations around the globe, with its main center located in Littleton, Colorado.
- Fully understand the global configuration and rules of SAP, highlighting and recommending any continuous improvements to its functionality.
- Continue to move toward automation and reduction of manual inputs for the monthly cost/price reports.
- Partner with Finance and Operations team to provide regular business and finance updates
- Preparation of various analyses that drive business insight and frame financial risks and opportunities including variance analysis
- Work with parties across the business units and commodity managers to manage and forecast cost-price for direct materials, energy, transportation, MRO, and SGA
- Preparation of internal audit response/management for global supply chain
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual close support (variance analysis, ad hoc reports, etc.) to BU Finance teams
- Forecast the supply chain expense budget with input from key stakeholders for sourcing and logistics
- Create financial models / scenario analysis for key operating decisions
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for Indirect (SG&A) with annual spend of $1-5M that may include:
- Promotional Products
- Office Supplies
- Marketing Spend
- IT/Technology Spend
- Other related commodities as assigned
- Negotiates Supply Agreements, Services Agreements, and License Agreements as well as develop Executive Summaries for review with the appropriate executive leadership team members for approval.
- Develop and solicit Requests for Quotes/ Proposals, analyze submissions, and formulate recommendation for the businesses/corporate functions
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or supply chain management with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a finance, procurement, or supply chain management position
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems
- Expert knowledge of data management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Fundamental knowledge of materials, suppliers and plants
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Solid financial analysis skills
- Basic supplier management skills
- Basic negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.