Supply Chain Intern - University Recruitment
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities/Job Description:
Supply Chain expertise is at the core of Spectra Energy's success. The Supply Chain Intern delivers sourcing and procurement for materials and/or services for Spectra Energy which includes, but is not limited to: supplier sourcing, negotiation, spend analysis and supplier management.
* Analyze internal/external market data from multiple sources in a logical format for effective decision-making.
* Participates in sourcing and evaluation processes including bid or proposal solicitation process and development.
* Support internal customers/users to understand their requirements and needs.
* Participates in the sourcing initiatives and evaluation process including bid or proposal solicitation (RFP, RFI, RFQ) and development applicable for both goods and services.
* Handle the ordering process and convert materials/service requests into a complete purchase/service order.
* Provide logistics support for material purchase requirements.
* Analyze basic reports on supplier performance including supplier compliance with specific contractual obligations/metrics.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Junior majoring in Supply Chain
* GPA 2.7 or above
* Demonstrated proficiency working with office Microsoft Office suite.
* Relevant work experience.
* Demonstrated ability to interact well with others, strong organization, analytical and communication skills.
Spectra Energy does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting firms. An unsolicited resume submitted by a recruiting firm via-email, hardcopy, the Internet or directly to hiring managers will be deemed the sole property of Spectra Energy, and a fee will not be paid in the event the candidate is hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
At Spectra Energy we embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion with equal access to opportunities based on individual merit by creating an environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique capabilities and perspectives.
Area of Expertise
Highest Level of Education
TX - Houston
Minimum Years of Experience