Supply Chain Management Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Manage all aspects of the Critical Supplier program including but not limited to supplier compliance, material availability, internal and external inventory management, financial costs, risk management, sub tier supplier management and future material forecasts to better position material and supplier availability to the Business Units and outlining departments. This position will require consensus building, in addition to collaboration with staff personnel, Managers, Directors, and Senior Management.
* Facilitate and manage all aspects of suppliers that are part of the Critical Supplier Monitoring Program.
* Negotiate, monitor and manage supplier contracts and agreements to ensure both financial and legal compliance as well as established performance criteria based on supplier and customer requirements.
* Manage supply projects to ensure effective supply and cost utilization.
* Negotiate supplies, products and services at the direction of supply management that best position the organization s competitive advantage and financial viability.
* Travel to supplier organizations to monitor and audit compliance and performance standards as it relates to the supplier and contract programs(s).
* Work closely with R&D, Process Engineering and Operations on projects that connect to new tissue commercialization requiring material, solutions or chemical needs.
* Actively engage in projects that require the research of supplies, products and equipment for Processing/Operations departments and to promote cost reduction initiatives.
* Actively support Value Analysis (VA) Programs to identify opportunities for cost efficiencies related to product, service and process standardization and utilization.
* Conduct training in-services with Operations and supporting departments for new materials and changes to existing products and services.
* Assist the Associate Director with supplier contingency and risk management plans to ensure supplier viability.
* Work with the Business Unit Leaders during the budgetary process through material data collection as well as track and trend budget items real time to better position Business Unit needs and cost allocations
* Actively manage inventory par levels with suppliers based on production and planning requirements.
* Provide key costing and trending metrics, material changes and resource needs during the monthly Business Unit and Joint Business Unit meetings. Present at the Joint Business Meetings under the direction of the Associate Director of supply chain and the Business Unit leaders where applicable.
* Provide Supplier Performance input as a member of the Supplier Quality Management Team.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in business related field required.
* 3-5 years prior experience managing and negotiating contracts required.
* Industry certification extremely helpful (e. SPSM, CPSM, Master Certification in Supply chain Management and/or Master Certification in Contract Management). Certification required within first two years.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
* Prior experience using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software a plus.
* Chemical background a plus.
* Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
MTF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.