Supply Chain Manager--Dannon Portland 8/17/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Dannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Supply Chain Manager--Dannon Portland in the United States (US) for their Portland, Oregon, Oregon manufacturing facility.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
At Danone, our Supply Chain is a main ingredient in our success. We strive to have best in class logistics and are looking for people who share our passion.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for directing the end to end supply chain operations including network planning, production scheduling, supply planning, purchasing, materials and finished goods inventory management, warehousing and distribution for the Portland, Oregon plant. Focus areas are people leadership and continuously improving cost, efficiency, and customer service.
This position manages a team of 20+ employees (Planning, Procurement, WMS , Material Handling, and FG shuttle coordination) through direct and indirect leadership.
The incumbent reports to the Portland Plant Director with dotted line and budget reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain Strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core Leadership Expectations:
* Own the coordination of the daily manufacturing schedule and resources to ensure finished good requirements are met to deliver net, lowest landed cost, while balancing manufacturing and Supply Chain priorities.
* Responsible for inventory accuracy and efficient flow of material movement from receipt to consumption to finished good. This includes finished good control from production declaration through it s life in the local distribution center.
* Lead a cross-functional team including Supply Chain Development, develop and maintain an Inventory Management/Supply Chain Strategy and establish balanced KPI Targets.
* Ensure management of all activities in span of control to meet/exceed budget (Question what does this mean to exceed* Should we say come in under budget instead*). Work with cross-functional leadership and deliver year-on-year Supply Chain productivity savings.
* Design and implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials and finished product. Evaluate and optimize the movement, storage, and processing of inventory to efficiently meet product distribution needs.
* Create linkages and relationships with SC Strategies (Customer Collaboration & Fulfillment, DC Operations, Transportation, and Supply Planning) to ensure an all-inclusive approach to SC Management.
* Continuously improve operations (plant and Supply Chain) performance ( based on the key performance indicators for raw/pack & FG inventory, quality and OE impacts related to Supply Chain.
* Provide daily leadership to all levels of the department, develop growth plans and provide a positive working environment. Manage headcount, overtime and temp employees to ensure business needs are met and within budget.
* Accountable for Frozen monthly S&OP / Demand and Supply review process.
* New Product Launches - Ensure successful product launches by managing compliance to established KPI s: timelines, service, WOS, Inventory Turns, in conjunction with Supply Chain Strategies Organization.
Core Functional Expectations:
* Lead the Safety of the SC team:
* Ensure consistent enforcement of Safety policies including PPE use
* Ensure appropriate safety trainings are completed and safety communications shared to employees
* Ensure timely incident reports are filled out with details of safety incidents to aid in quicker resolution of the issues
* Actively support employee participation in safety programs and teams and makes all necessary resources available to support those efforts on a routine basis
* Communicate safety awareness as primary to all employees; maintain safe working conditions; propose ideas to improve the safety within the plant
* Drive incident reporting to aid in quicker resolution of issues
* Maintain discipline in the day to day activities within the span of control:
* Manage cycle count process for Raw Materials and Finished Goods, address concerns and/or drive improvements
* Labor and equipment management, and give direction to shift supervisors as needed to ensure consistent, timely delivery of product to internal & external customer base
* Manage day to day communication with 3PL shuttle partners as well as DC Ops Manager
* Manage month end processes and shipping to maximize sales opportunity
* Continuously identify physical and systematic process improvements to enable high level of accuracy and efficiency focusing on quality, cost and customer
* Ensure timely production order closing
* Develop processes and SAP/WMS reports to manage stocks, proper code date rotation, quality hold area and minimize losses in facility
* Manage procurement and planning teams to ensure proper levels of inventory are being kept and transfer taking placed as planned
* Accountable for Supply Chain KPI driven leadership, proactively reporting and driving improvement initiatives. Examples of KPI s: Customer Fill Rate, Inventory Control (WOS), Cost, Loss and Destruction of Finished Goods & Raw & Pack, Inbound On Time In Full (Raw & Pack), WHS Capacity Utilization, Cycle Count & Inventory Accuracy
* Develop, maintain, execute, and evaluate cooler budget. Provide reporting to corporate finance partners as needed.
* Maintain lease and manage operations of leased offsite warehouse
* Lead and/or actively participate in projects related to inventory, systems, cost reductions or other projects determined a priority by Leadership
* Accountable for DanGo Supply Chain internal control processes and action plans.
* Maintain the development and circulation of monthly performance reporting (Cost and Service)
* 5 - 10 years in Supply Chain, material and inventory movement, warehouse or distribution management, and S&OP
* Bachelor s degree with a minimum of 5-10 years supervisory/managerial experience in a manufacturing (dairy, chemistry, food, pharmacy) environment
* Inventory Control experience and system knowledge of SAP and/or WMS, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
63421.Experience: Experienced professionals #LI-NORAM
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Supply,