Supply Chain Manager 9/2/2016
Food Equipment Manufacturing Company
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client is a privately owned commercial equipment manufacturer/distributor specializing in the foodservice industry. They have over fifty years of experience and a commitment to training and development for their employees and producing state-of-the-art products for their customers.
We are currently recruiting for a talented SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER IN LOS ANGELES, CA.
If you have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and over five years' Supply Chain experience, please submit your resume in Word format.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED.
* Directly lead employees in Demand Planning, Planning Supervisor, and Purchasing Supervisor for the procurement of materials and the demand/production planning process.
* Responsible for the day-to-day material operations: purchasing, forecasting, capacity planning, production control and inventory planning.
* Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities will include: interviewing, hiring/training employees and appraising performance, as needed.
* Maintain and use knowledge of employee relations in effectively solving training, motivation, absentee, and discipline problems.
* Manage performance evaluations and salary adjustments while maintaining harmony in planning and purchasing.
* Manage staff through planning, assigning, and directing daily operations.
* Responsible for both rewarding/correcting employees and addressing complaints through resolving problems which may occur.
* Oversee the production/demand planning, forecasting, and scheduling of the manufacturing departments in order to support overall company objectives.
* Manage the procurement of all raw materials, supplies, and equipment on a timely basis to ensure product quality and attain production goals.
* Responsible for Domestic and International inventory planning and forecasting in order to achieve company financial objectives.
* Assist in the inventory management of International stocking locations.
* Evaluate production plans, plant capacities (molds, machines, and auxiliary equipment), and supplier capacities.
* Determine trends, resources requirements and constraints to support company performance objectives.
* Work with purchasing and suppliers to facilitate the most efficient methods to order, receive, store, issue, and control the raw materials.
* Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
* Oversee the Management Operating System indicators for planning and purchasing.
* Act as a liaison between Sales/Marketing, Purchasing, Planning, and the Manufacturing teams in order to understand and communicate customer requirements/manufacturing needs and capabilities to meet the exact customer requirements.
* Analyze annual business plan and production capacity planning to determine discrepancies and lead problem solving, counter measure and follow-up activities.
* Facilitate the review of all new product proposals and the enablement of all systems, processes, and procurement in an effort to deliver the product successfully.
* Develop and manage lead time reduction initiatives.
* Manage all Subcontracting Processes and Suppliers in accordance to all government requirements.
* Estimate, analyze and recommend disposition on slow moving inventory and implement programs.
* Communicate supply chain issues and recommendations on cross functional teams managing engineering change notices and new products scheduled to production.
* Ensure people, systems, processes, and procedures are in place to meet department objectives in planning and purchasing.
* Instill an awareness and knowledge of safety among employees in an effort to minimize accident occurrences and lost time and to maintain a safe work environment.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
* Over five years' Supply Chain experience in management position.
* Must have a strong knowledge of planning and MRP concepts such as time fences, demand input, consumption rules, AMU and general planning parameters used for production and demand planning calculations.
* Knowledge of computer and information systems.
* Experience working in a large company environment (over $400 million in sales revenue).
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.